Oh, my Strength, I watch for you, For God is my high tower.
Alternate Versions of Psalms 59-9
- A Conservative Version: Psalms 59:9
- O my strength, I will give heed to thee, for God is my high tower.
- American Standard Version: Psalms 59:9
- `Because of' his strength I will give heed unto thee; For God is my high tower.
- Bible in Basic English: Psalms 59:9
- O my strength, I will put my hope in you; because God is my strong tower.
- Darby English Bible: Psalms 59:9
- Their strength! ... I will take heed to thee; for God is my high fortress.
- King James Version: Psalms 59:9
- Because of his strength will I wait upon thee: for God is my defence.
- King James Version (UK): Psalms 59:9
- Because of his strength will I wait upon you for God is my defence.
- Webster's: Psalms 59:9
- But thou, O LORD, shalt laugh at them; thou shalt have all the heathen in derision.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Psalms 59:9
- O my Strength, unto Thee I take heed, For God `is' my tower -- the God of my kindness.
Verses Related to Psalms 59-9
- Psalms 9:9
- Yahweh will also be a high tower for the oppressed; A high tower in times of trouble.
- Psalms 18:1
- > I love you, Yahweh, my strength.
- Psalms 20:1
- > May Yahweh answer you in the day of trouble. May the name of the God of Jacob set you up on high,
- Psalms 27:1
- > Yahweh is my light and my salvation. Whom shall I fear? Yahweh is the strength of my life. Of whom shall I be afraid?
- Psalms 27:14
- Wait for Yahweh. Be strong, and let your heart take courage. Yes, wait for Yahweh.
- Psalms 46:1
- > God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble.
- Psalms 46:7
- Yahweh of Hosts is with us. The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
- Psalms 59:17
- To you, my strength, I will sing praises. For God is my high tower, the God of my mercy.
- Psalms 62:2
- He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress-- I will never be greatly shaken.