He who sows wickedness reaps trouble, And the rod of his fury will be destroyed.
Alternate Versions of Proverbs 22-8
- A Conservative Version: Proverbs 22:8
- He who sows iniquity shall reap calamity, and the rod of his wrath shall fail.
- American Standard Version: Proverbs 22:8
- He that soweth iniquity shall reap calamity; And the rod of his wrath shall fail.
- Bible in Basic English: Proverbs 22:8
- By planting the seed of evil a man will get in the grain of sorrow, and the rod of his wrath will be broken.
- Darby English Bible: Proverbs 22:8
- He that soweth unrighteousness shall reap iniquity, and the rod of his wrath shall have an end.
- King James Version: Proverbs 22:8
- He that soweth iniquity shall reap vanity: and the rod of his anger shall fail.
- King James Version (UK): Proverbs 22:8
- He that sows iniquity shall reap vanity and the rod of his anger shall fail.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Proverbs 22:8
- Whoso is sowing perverseness reapeth sorrow, And the rod of his anger weareth out.
Verses Related to Proverbs 22-8
- Job 4:8
- According to what I have seen, those who plow iniquity, And sow trouble, Reap the same.
- Psalms 125:3
- For the scepter of wickedness won't remain over the allotment of the righteous; So that the righteous won't use their hands to do evil.
- Proverbs 14:3
- The fool's talk brings a rod to his back, But the lips of the wise protect them.
- Isaiah 9:4
- For the yoke of his burden, and the staff of his shoulder, the rod of his oppressor, you have broken as in the day of Midian.
- Isaiah 10:5
- Ho Assyrian, the rod of my anger, the staff in whose hand is my indignation!
- Isaiah 14:29
- Don't rejoice, O Philistia, all of you, because the rod that struck you is broken; for out of the serpent's root shall come forth an adder, and his fruit shall be a fiery flying serpent.
- Isaiah 30:31
- For through the voice of Yahweh shall the Assyrian be dismayed; with his rod will he strike [him].
- Hosea 8:7
- For they sow the wind, And they will reap the whirlwind. He has no standing grain. The stalk will yield no head. If it does yield, strangers will swallow it up.
- Hosea 10:13
- You have plowed wickedness. You have reaped iniquity. You have eaten the fruit of lies, For you trusted in your way, in the multitude of your mighty men.