The king's heart is in Yahweh's hand like the watercourses. He turns it wherever he desires.
Alternate Versions of Proverbs 21-1
- A Conservative Version: Proverbs 21:1
- The king's heart is in the hand of Jehovah as streams of water. He turns it wherever he will.
- American Standard Version: Proverbs 21:1
- The king's heart is in the hand of Jehovah as the watercourses: He turneth it whithersoever he will.
- Bible in Basic English: Proverbs 21:1
- The king's heart in the hands of the Lord is like the water streams, and by him it is turned in any direction at his pleasure.
- Darby English Bible: Proverbs 21:1
- The king's heart in the hand of Jehovah is [as] brooks of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.
- King James Version: Proverbs 21:1
- The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.
- King James Version (UK): Proverbs 21:1
- The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water he turns it anywhere he will.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Proverbs 21:1
- Rivulets of waters `is' the heart of a king in the hand of Jehovah, Wherever He pleaseth He inclineth it.
Verses Related to Proverbs 21-1
- Exodus 14:4
- I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and he will follow after them; and I will get honor over Pharaoh, and over all his host; and the Egyptians shall know that I am Yahweh." They did so.
- Ezra 7:27
- Blessed be Yahweh, the God of our fathers, who has put such a thing as this in the king's heart, to beautify the house of Yahweh which is in Jerusalem;
- Nehemiah 1:11
- Lord, I beg you, let now your ear be attentive to the prayer of your servant, and to the prayer of your servants, who delight to fear your name; and please prosper your servant this day, and grant him mercy in the sight of this man. Now I was cup bearer to the king.
- Nehemiah 2:4
- Then the king said to me, For what do you make request? So I prayed to the God of heaven.
- Nehemiah 2:8
- and a letter to Asaph the keeper of the king's forest, that he may give me timber to make beams for the gates of the castle which appertains to the house, and for the wall of the city, and for the house that I shall enter into. The king granted me, according to the good hand of my God on me.
- Psalms 74:15
- You opened up spring and stream. You dried up mighty rivers.
- Psalms 93:4
- Above the voices of many waters, The mighty breakers of the sea, Yahweh on high is mighty.
- Psalms 105:25
- He turned their heart to hate his people, To conspire against his servants.
- Psalms 106:46
- He made them also to be pitied By all those who carried them captive.