He placed the breastplate on him; and in the breastplate he put the Urim and the Thummim.
Alternate Versions of Leviticus 8-8
- A Conservative Version: Leviticus 8:8
- And he placed the breastplate upon him, and he put the Urim and the Thummim in the breastplate.
- American Standard Version: Leviticus 8:8
- And he placed the breastplate upon him: and in the breastplate he put the Urim and the Thummim.
- Bible in Basic English: Leviticus 8:8
- And he put the priest's bag on him, and in the bag he put the Urim and Thummim.
- Darby English Bible: Leviticus 8:8
- And he put the breastplate on it, and put on the breastplate the Urim and the Thummim;
- King James Version: Leviticus 8:8
- And he put the breastplate upon him: also he put in the breastplate the Urim and the Thummim.
- King James Version (UK): Leviticus 8:8
- And he put the breastplate upon him also he put in the breastplate the Urim and the Thummim.
- Webster's: Leviticus 8:8
- And he put the breast-plate upon him: also he put in the breast-plate the Urim and the Thummim.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Leviticus 8:8
- and doth put on him the breastplate, and doth put unto the breastplate the Lights and the Perfections,
Verses Related to Leviticus 8-8
- Exodus 28:15
- "You shall make a breastplate of judgment, the work of the skillful workman; like the work of the ephod you shall make it; of gold, of blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen, shall you make it.
- Exodus 28:30
- You shall put in the breastplate of judgment the Urim and the Thummim; and they shall be on Aaron's heart, when he goes in before Yahweh: and Aaron shall bear the judgment of the children of Israel on his heart before Yahweh continually.
- Exodus 39:9
- It was square. They made the breastplate double. Its length was a span, and its breadth a span, being double.
- Ezra 2:63
- The governor said to them, that they should not eat of the most holy things, until there stood up a priest with Urim and with Thummim.
- Song of Solomon 8:6
- Set me as a seal on your heart, As a seal on your arm; For love is strong as death. Jealousy is as cruel as Sheol; Its flashes are flashes of fire, A very flame of Yahweh.
- Isaiah 59:17
- He put on righteousness as a breastplate, and a helmet of salvation on his head; and he put on garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a mantle.
- John 5:30
- I can of myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is righteous; because I don't seek my own will, but the will of my Father who sent me.
- Ephesians 6:14
- Stand therefore, having the utility belt of truth buckled around your waist, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
- 1 Thessalonians 5:8
- But let us, since we belong to the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and, for a helmet, the hope of salvation.