or has found that which was lost, and dealt falsely therein, and swearing to a lie; in any of all these things that a man does, sinning therein;
Alternate Versions of Leviticus 6-3
- A Conservative Version: Leviticus 6:3
- or has found that which was lost, and deal falsely by it, and swears to a lie, in any of all these things that a man does, sinning by it,
- American Standard Version: Leviticus 6:3
- or have found that which was lost, and deal falsely therein, and swear to a lie; in any of all these things that a man doeth, sinning therein;
- Bible in Basic English: Leviticus 6:3
- And the priest is to put on his linen robes and his linen trousers, and take up what is over of the offering after it has been burned on the altar, and put it by the side of the altar.
- Darby English Bible: Leviticus 6:3
- or have found what was lost, and denieth it, and sweareth falsely in anything of all that man doeth, sinning therein;
- King James Version: Leviticus 6:3
- Or have found that which was lost, and lieth concerning it, and sweareth falsely; in any of all these that a man doeth, sinning therein:
- King James Version (UK): Leviticus 6:3
- Or have found that which was lost, and lies concerning it, and swears falsely; in any of all these that a man does, sinning therein:
- Webster's: Leviticus 6:3
- And the priest shall put on his linen garment, and his linen breeches shall he put upon his flesh, and take up the ashes which the fire hath consumed with the burnt-offering on the altar, and he shall put them beside the altar.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Leviticus 6:3
- or hath found a lost thing, and hath lied concerning it, and hath sworn to a falsehood, concerning one of all `these' which man doth, sinning in them:
Verses Related to Leviticus 6-3
- Exodus 22:11
- the oath of Yahweh shall be between them both, whether he hasn't put his hand to his neighbor's goods; and the owner of it shall accept it, and he shall not make restitution.
- Exodus 23:4
- "If you meet your enemy's ox or his donkey going astray, you shall surely bring it back to him again.
- Leviticus 19:12
- "'You shall not swear by my name falsely, and profane the name of your God. I am Yahweh.
- Deuteronomy 22:1
- You shall not see your brother's ox or his sheep go astray, and hide yourself from them: you shall surely bring them again to your brother.
- Proverbs 30:9
- Lest I be full, deny you, and say, 'Who is Yahweh?' Or lest I be poor, and steal, And so dishonor the name of my God.
- Jeremiah 5:2
- Though they say, As Yahweh lives; surely they swear falsely.
- Jeremiah 7:9
- Will you steal, murder, and commit adultery, and swear falsely, and burn incense to Baal, and walk after other gods that you have not known,
- Zechariah 5:4
- I will cause it to go out," says Yahweh of Hosts, "and it will enter into the house of the thief, and into the house of him who swears falsely by my name; and it will remain in the midst of his house, and will destroy it with its timber and its stones."