The pig, because he has a split hoof, and is cloven-footed, but doesn't chew the cud, he is unclean to you.
Alternate Versions of Leviticus 11-7
- A Conservative Version: Leviticus 11:7
- And the swine, because he parts the hoof, and is cloven footed, but does not chew the cud, he is unclean to you.
- American Standard Version: Leviticus 11:7
- And the swine, because he parteth the hoof, and is clovenfooted, but cheweth not the cud, he is unclean unto you.
- Bible in Basic English: Leviticus 11:7
- And the pig is unclean to you, because though the horn of its foot is parted, its food does not come back.
- Darby English Bible: Leviticus 11:7
- and the swine, for it hath cloven hoofs, and feet quite split open, but it cheweth not the cud -- it shall be unclean unto you.
- King James Version: Leviticus 11:7
- And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be cloven-footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.
- King James Version (UK): Leviticus 11:7
- And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be cloven footed, yet he chews not the cud; he is unclean to you.
- Webster's: Leviticus 11:7
- And the swine, though he divideth the hoof, and is cloven-footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Leviticus 11:7
- and the sow, though it is dividing the hoof, and cleaving the cleft of the hoof, yet the cud it bringeth not up -- unclean it `is' to you.
Verses Related to Leviticus 11-7
- Deuteronomy 14:8
- The pig, because it has a split hoof but doesn't chew the cud, is unclean to you: of their flesh you shall not eat, and their carcasses you shall not touch.
- Isaiah 65:4
- who sit among the graves, and lodge in the secret places; who eat pig's flesh, and broth of abominable things is in their vessels;
- Isaiah 66:3
- He who kills an ox is as he who kills a man; he who sacrifices a lamb, as he who breaks a dog's neck; he who offers an offering, [as he who offers] pig's blood; he who burns frankincense, as he who blesses an idol. Yes, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delights in their abominations:
- Isaiah 66:17
- Those who sanctify themselves and purify themselves [to go] to the gardens, behind one in the midst, eating pig's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, they shall come to an end together, says Yahweh.
- Matthew 7:6
- "Don't give that which is holy to the dogs, neither throw your pearls before the pigs, lest perhaps they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.
- Luke 8:33
- The demons came out from the man, and entered into the pigs, and the herd rushed down the steep bank into the lake, and were drowned.
- Luke 15:15
- He went and joined himself to one of the citizens of that country, and he sent him into his fields to feed pigs.