You shall consider in your heart that as a man chastens his son, so Yahweh your God chastens you.
Alternate Versions of Deuteronomy 8-5
- A Conservative Version: Deuteronomy 8:5
- And thou shall consider in thy heart, that, as a man chastens his son, so Jehovah thy God chastens thee.
- American Standard Version: Deuteronomy 8:5
- And thou shalt consider in thy heart, that, as a man chasteneth his son, so Jehovah thy God chasteneth thee.
- Bible in Basic English: Deuteronomy 8:5
- Keep in mind this thought, that as a son is trained by his father, so you have been trained by the Lord your God.
- Darby English Bible: Deuteronomy 8:5
- And know in thy heart that, as a man chasteneth his son, so Jehovah thy God chasteneth thee;
- King James Version: Deuteronomy 8:5
- Thou shalt also consider in thine heart, that, as a man chasteneth his son, so the LORD thy God chasteneth thee.
- King James Version (UK): Deuteronomy 8:5
- You shall also consider in yours heart, that, as a man chastens his son, so the LORD your God chastens you.
- Webster's: Deuteronomy 8:5
- Thou shalt also consider in thy heart, that as a man chasteneth his son, so the LORD thy God chasteneth thee.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Deuteronomy 8:5
- and thou hast known, with thy heart, that as a man chastiseth his son Jehovah thy God is chastising thee,
Verses Related to Deuteronomy 8-5
- Deuteronomy 4:9
- Only take heed to yourself, and keep your soul diligently, lest you forget the things which your eyes saw, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life; but make them known to your children and your children's children;
- Deuteronomy 4:23
- Take heed to yourselves, lest you forget the covenant of Yahweh your God, which he made with you, and make you an engraved image in the form of anything which Yahweh your God has forbidden you.
- 2 Samuel 7:14
- I will be his father, and he shall be my son: if he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men;
- Psalms 89:32
- Then I will punish their sin with the rod, And their iniquity with stripes.
- Psalms 94:12
- Blessed is the man whom you discipline, Yah, And teach out of your law;
- Proverbs 3:12
- For whom Yahweh loves, he reproves; Even as a father reproves the son in whom he delights.
- Isaiah 1:3
- The ox knows his owner, And the donkey his master's crib; But Israel doesn't know, My people don't consider.
- Ezekiel 12:3
- Therefore, you son of man, prepare you stuff for removing, and remove by day in their sight; and you shall remove from your place to another place in their sight: it may be they will consider, though they are a rebellious house.
- Ezekiel 18:28
- Because he considers, and turns away from all his transgressions that he has committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die.