For we were saved in hope, but hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for that which he sees?
Alternate Versions of Romans 8-24
- A Conservative Version: Romans 8:24
- For we were saved to hope. But hope that is seen is not hope. For what is seen, why also hope for that?
- American Standard Version: Romans 8:24
- For in hope were we saved: but hope that is seen is not hope: for who hopeth for that which he seeth?
- Bible in Basic English: Romans 8:24
- For our salvation is by hope: but hope which is seen is not hope: for who is hoping for what he sees?
- Darby English Bible: Romans 8:24
- For we have been saved in hope; but hope seen is not hope; for what any one sees, why does he also hope?
- King James Version: Romans 8:24
- For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
- King James Version (UK): Romans 8:24
- For we are saved by hope but hope that is seen is not hope for what a man sees, why does he yet hope for?
- Youngs Literal Translation: Romans 8:24
- for in hope we were saved, and hope beheld is not hope; for what any one doth behold, why also doth he hope for `it'?
Verses Related to Romans 8-24
- Psalms 33:18
- Behold, Yahweh's eye is on those who fear him, On those who hope in his loving kindness;
- Psalms 33:22
- Let your loving kindness be on us, Yahweh, Since we have hoped in you.
- Psalms 146:5
- Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, Whose hope is in Yahweh, his God:
- Proverbs 14:32
- The wicked is brought down in his calamity, But in death, the righteous has a refuge.
- Jeremiah 17:7
- Blessed is the man who trusts in Yahweh, and whose trust Yahweh is.
- Zechariah 9:12
- Turn to the stronghold, you prisoners of hope! Even today I declare that I will restore double to you.
- Romans 5:2
- through whom we also have our access by faith into this grace in which we stand. We rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
- Romans 12:12
- rejoicing in hope; enduring in troubles; continuing steadfastly in prayer;
- Romans 15:4
- For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that through patience and through encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.
- Romans 15:13
- Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope, in the power of the Holy Spirit.