Yahweh, you God to whom vengeance belongs, You God to whom vengeance belongs, shine forth.
Alternate Versions of Psalms 94-1
- A Conservative Version: Psalms 94:1
- O Jehovah, thou God to whom vengeance belongs, thou God to whom vengeance belongs, shine forth.
- American Standard Version: Psalms 94:1
- O Jehovah, thou God to whom vengeance belongeth, Thou God to whom vengeance belongeth, shine forth.
- Bible in Basic English: Psalms 94:1
- O God, in whose hands is punishment, O God of punishment, let your shining face be seen.
- Darby English Bible: Psalms 94:1
- O ùGod of vengeances, Jehovah, ùGod of vengeances, shine forth;
- King James Version: Psalms 94:1
- O Lord God, to whom vengeance belongeth; O God, to whom vengeance belongeth, shew thyself.
- King James Version (UK): Psalms 94:1
- O Lord God, to whom vengeance belongs; O God, to whom vengeance belongs, show yourself.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Psalms 94:1
- God of vengeance -- Jehovah! God of vengeance, shine forth.
Verses Related to Psalms 94-1
- Deuteronomy 32:35
- Vengeance is mine, and recompense, At the time when their foot shall slide: For the day of their calamity is at hand, The things that are to come on them shall make haste.
- Psalms 80:1
- > Hear us, Shepherd of Israel, You who lead Joseph like a flock, You who sit above the cherubim, shine forth.
- Isaiah 35:4
- Tell those who are of a fearful heart, Be strong, don't be afraid: behold, your God will come [with] vengeance, [with] the recompense of God; he will come and save you.
- Isaiah 59:17
- He put on righteousness as a breastplate, and a helmet of salvation on his head; and he put on garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a mantle.
- Jeremiah 50:28
- The voice of those who flee and escape out of the land of Babylon, to declare in Zion the vengeance of Yahweh our God, the vengeance of his temple.
- Nahum 1:2
- Yahweh is a jealous God and avenges. Yahweh avenges and is full of wrath. Yahweh takes vengeance on his adversaries, and he maintains wrath against his enemies.
- Romans 12:19
- Don't seek revenge yourselves, beloved, but give place to God's wrath. For it is written, "Vengeance belongs to me; I will repay, says the Lord."
- 1 Thessalonians 4:6
- that no one should take advantage of and wrong a brother or sister in this matter; because the Lord is an avenger in all these things, as also we forewarned you and testified.
- 2 Thessalonians 1:6
- Since it is a righteous thing with God to repay affliction to those who afflict you,