Yahweh has made himself known. He has executed judgment. The wicked is snared by the work of his own hands. Meditation. Selah.
Alternate Versions of Psalms 9-16
- A Conservative Version: Psalms 9:16
- Jehovah has made himself known. He has executed justice. The wicked man is snared in the work of his own hands. Higgaion. Selah.
- American Standard Version: Psalms 9:16
- Jehovah hath made himself known, he hath executed judgment: The wicked is snared in the work of his own hands. Higgaion. Selah
- Bible in Basic English: Psalms 9:16
- The Lord has given knowledge of himself through his judging: the evil-doer is taken in the net which his hands had made. (Higgaion. Selah.)
- Darby English Bible: Psalms 9:16
- Jehovah is known [by] the judgment he hath executed: the wicked is ensnared in the work of his own hands. Higgaion. Selah.
- King James Version: Psalms 9:16
- The LORD is known by the judgment which he executeth: the wicked is snared in the work of his own hands. Higgaion. Selah.
- King James Version (UK): Psalms 9:16
- The LORD is known by the judgment which he executes the wicked is snared in the work of his own hands. Higgaion. Selah.
- Webster's: Psalms 9:16
- The heathen are sunk down in the pit that they made: in the net which they hid is their own foot taken.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Psalms 9:16
- Jehovah hath been known, Judgment He hath done, By a work of his hands Hath the wicked been snared. Meditation. Selah.
Verses Related to Psalms 9-16
- Exodus 7:5
- The Egyptians shall know that I am Yahweh, when I stretch forth my hand on Egypt, and bring out the children of Israel from among them."
- Exodus 14:4
- I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and he will follow after them; and I will get honor over Pharaoh, and over all his host; and the Egyptians shall know that I am Yahweh." They did so.
- Exodus 14:10
- When Pharaoh drew near, the children of Israel lifted up their eyes, and behold, the Egyptians were marching after them; and they were very afraid. The children of Israel cried out to Yahweh.
- Exodus 14:31
- Israel saw the great work which Yahweh did to the Egyptians, and the people feared Yahweh; and they believed in Yahweh, and in his servant Moses.
- Joshua 2:10
- For we have heard how Yahweh dried up the water of the Red Sea before you, when you came out of Egypt; and what you did to the two kings of the Amorites, who were beyond the Jordan, to Sihon and to Og, whom you utterly destroyed.
- Judges 1:7
- Adoni-bezek said, "Seventy kings, having their thumbs and their great toes cut off, gathered [their food] under my table: as I have done, so God has requited me." They brought him to Jerusalem, and he died there.
- 1 Samuel 6:20
- The men of Beth-shemesh said, Who is able to stand before Yahweh, this holy God? and to whom shall he go up from us?
- 1 Samuel 17:46
- This day will Yahweh deliver you into my hand; and I will strike you, and take your head from off you; and I will give the dead bodies of the host of the Philistines this day to the birds of the sky, and to the wild animals of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel,