Surely the wrath of man praises you. The survivors of your wrath are restrained.
Alternate Versions of Psalms 76-10
- A Conservative Version: Psalms 76:10
- Surely the inward thought of man shall praise thee, even the residue of inward thought will observe a festival to thee.
- American Standard Version: Psalms 76:10
- Surely the wrath of man shall praise thee: The residue of wrath shalt thou gird upon thee.
- Bible in Basic English: Psalms 76:10
- The ... will give you praise; the rest of ...
- Darby English Bible: Psalms 76:10
- For the fury of man shall praise thee; the remainder of fury wilt thou gird on thyself.
- King James Version: Psalms 76:10
- Surely the wrath of man shall praise thee: the remainder of wrath shalt thou restrain.
- King James Version (UK): Psalms 76:10
- Surely the wrath of man shall praise you the remainder of wrath shall you restrain.
- Webster's: Psalms 76:10
- When God arose to judgment, to save all the meek of the earth. Selah.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Psalms 76:10
- For the fierceness of man praiseth Thee, The remnant of fierceness Thou girdest on.
Verses Related to Psalms 76-10
- Genesis 50:20
- As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save many people alive.
- Exodus 18:11
- Now I know that Yahweh is greater than all gods because of the thing in which they dealt arrogantly against them."
- Psalms 46:6
- The nations raged. The kingdoms were moved. He lifted his voice, and the earth melted.
- Psalms 65:7
- Who stills the roaring of the seas, The roaring of their waves, And the turmoil of the nations.
- Psalms 104:9
- You have set a boundary that they may not pass over; That they don't turn again to cover the earth.
- Proverbs 16:4
- Yahweh has made everything for its own end-- Yes, even the wicked for the day of evil.