It will please Yahweh better than an ox, Or a bull that has horns and hoofs.
Alternate Versions of Psalms 69-31
- A Conservative Version: Psalms 69:31
- and it will please Jehovah better than an ox, or a bullock that has horns and hoofs.
- American Standard Version: Psalms 69:31
- And it will please Jehovah better than an ox, `Or' a bullock that hath horns and hoofs.
- Bible in Basic English: Psalms 69:31
- This will be more pleasing to the Lord than an ox, or a young ox of full growth.
- Darby English Bible: Psalms 69:31
- And it shall please Jehovah more than an ox, -- a bullock with horns and cloven hoofs.
- King James Version: Psalms 69:31
- This also shall please the LORD better than an ox or bullock that hath horns and hoofs.
- King James Version (UK): Psalms 69:31
- This also shall please the LORD better than an ox or bullock that has horns and hoofs.
- Webster's: Psalms 69:31
- I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Psalms 69:31
- And it is better to Jehovah than an ox, A bullock -- horned -- hoofed.
Verses Related to Psalms 69-31
- Psalms 50:23
- Whoever offers the sacrifice of thanksgiving glorifies me, And prepares his way so that I will show God's salvation to him."
- Hosea 14:2
- Take words with you, and return to Yahweh. Tell him, "Forgive all our sins, And accept that which is good: So we offer like bulls our lips.
- Hebrews 13:15
- Through him, then, let us offer up a sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of lips which make confession to his name.
- 1 Peter 2:5
- You also, as living stones, are built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.