Though while he lived he blessed his soul-- And men praise you when you do well for yourself--
Alternate Versions of Psalms 49-18
- A Conservative Version: Psalms 49:18
- Though while he lived he blessed his soul (and men praise thee, when thou do well for thyself),
- American Standard Version: Psalms 49:18
- Though while he lived he blessed his soul (And men praise thee, when thou doest well to thyself,)
- Bible in Basic English: Psalms 49:18
- Though he might have pride in his soul in his life-time, and men will give you praise if you do well for yourself,
- Darby English Bible: Psalms 49:18
- Though he blessed his soul in his lifetime, -- and men will praise thee when thou doest well to thyself, --
- King James Version: Psalms 49:18
- Though while he lived he blessed his soul: and men will praise thee, when thou doest well to thyself.
- King James Version (UK): Psalms 49:18
- Though while he lived he blessed his soul and men will praise you, when you do well to yourself.
- Webster's: Psalms 49:18
- For when he dieth he shall carry nothing away: his glory shall not descend after him.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Psalms 49:18
- For his soul in his life he blesseth, (And they praise thee when thou dost well for thyself.)
Verses Related to Psalms 49-18
- Deuteronomy 29:19
- and it happen, when he hears the words of this curse, that he bless himself in his heart, saying, I shall have peace, though I walk in the stubbornness of my heart, to destroy the moist with the dry.
- 1 Samuel 25:6
- and thus shall you tell him who lives [in prosperity], Peace be to you, and peace be to your house, and peace be to all that you have.
- Esther 3:2
- All the king's servants, who were in the king's gate, bowed down, and did reverence to Haman; for the king had so commanded concerning him. But Mordecai didn't bow down, nor did him reverence.
- Proverbs 14:20
- The poor person is shunned even by his own neighbor, But the rich person has many friends.
- Hosea 12:8
- Ephraim said, "Surely I have become rich, I have found myself wealth. In all my wealth they won't find in me any iniquity that is sin."
- Luke 12:19
- I will tell my soul, "Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years. Take your ease, eat, drink, be merry."'