You sons of men, how long shall my glory be turned into dishonor? Will you love vanity, and seek after falsehood? Selah.
Alternate Versions of Psalms 4-2
- A Conservative Version: Psalms 4:2
- O ye sons of men, how long shall my glory be turned into dishonor? Will ye love vanity, and seek after falsehood? Selah.
- American Standard Version: Psalms 4:2
- O ye sons of men, how long shall my glory be turned into dishonor? `How long' will ye love vanity, and seek after falsehood? Selah
- Bible in Basic English: Psalms 4:2
- O you sons of men, how long will you go on turning my glory into shame? how long will you give your love to foolish things, going after what is false? (Selah.)
- Darby English Bible: Psalms 4:2
- Ye sons of men, till when is my glory [to be put] to shame? [How long] will ye love vanity, will ye seek after a lie? Selah.
- King James Version: Psalms 4:2
- O ye sons of men, how long will ye turn my glory into shame? how long will ye love vanity, and seek after leasing? Selah.
- King James Version (UK): Psalms 4:2
- O all of you sons of men, how long will all of you turn my glory into shame? how long will all of you love vanity, and seek after leasing? Selah.
- Webster's: Psalms 4:2
- To the chief Musician on Neginoth, A Psalm of David. Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Psalms 4:2
- Sons of men! till when `is' my glory for shame? Ye love a vain thing, ye seek a lie. Selah.
Verses Related to Psalms 4-2
- Exodus 10:3
- Moses and Aaron went in to Pharaoh, and said to him, "This is what Yahweh, the God of the Hebrews, says: 'How long will you refuse to humble yourself before me? Let my people go, that they may serve me.
- Numbers 14:11
- Yahweh said to Moses, How long will this people despise me? and how long will they not believe in me, for all the signs which I have worked among them?
- 1 Samuel 12:21
- and don't turn aside; for [then would you go] after vain things which can't profit nor deliver, for they are vain.
- Psalms 2:1
- Why do the nations rage, And the peoples plot a vain thing?
- Psalms 3:3
- But you, Yahweh, are a shield around me, My glory, and the one who lifts up my head.
- Psalms 5:6
- You will destroy those who speak lies. Yahweh abhors the blood-thirsty and deceitful man.
- Psalms 14:6
- You frustrate the plan of the poor, Because Yahweh is his refuge.
- Psalms 57:4
- My soul is among lions. I lie among those who are set on fire, Even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows, And their tongue a sharp sword.
- Psalms 58:1
- > Do you indeed speak righteousness, silent ones? Do you judge blamelessly, you sons of men?
- Psalms 58:3
- The wicked go astray from the womb. They are wayward as soon as they are born, speaking lies.