My strength is dried up like a potsherd. My tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth. You have brought me into the dust of death.
Alternate Versions of Psalms 22-15
- A Conservative Version: Psalms 22:15
- My strength is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue clings to my jaws, and thou have brought me into the dust of death.
- American Standard Version: Psalms 22:15
- My strength is dried up like a potsherd; And my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; And thou hast brought me into the dust of death.
- Bible in Basic English: Psalms 22:15
- My throat is dry like a broken vessel; my tongue is fixed to the roof of my mouth, and the dust of death is on my lips.
- Darby English Bible: Psalms 22:15
- My strength is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue cleaveth to my palate; and thou hast laid me in the dust of death.
- King James Version: Psalms 22:15
- My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.
- King James Version (UK): Psalms 22:15
- My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaves to my jaws; and you have brought me into the dust of death.
- Webster's: Psalms 22:15
- I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Psalms 22:15
- Dried up as an earthen vessel is my power, And my tongue is cleaving to my jaws.
Verses Related to Psalms 22-15
- Genesis 3:19
- By the sweat of your face will you eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For you are dust, and to dust you shall return."
- Genesis 18:27
- Abraham answered, "See now, I have taken it on myself to speak to the Lord, who am but dust and ashes.
- Job 7:21
- Why do you not pardon my disobedience, and take away my iniquity? For now shall I lie down in the dust. You will seek me diligently, but I shall not be."
- Job 10:9
- Remember, I beg you, that you have fashioned me as clay. Will you bring me into dust again?
- Job 29:10
- The voice of the nobles was hushed, And their tongue stuck to the roof of their mouth.
- Job 34:15
- All flesh would perish together, And man would turn again to dust.
- Psalms 30:9
- "What profit is there in my destruction, if I go down to the pit? Shall the dust praise you? Shall it declare your truth?
- Psalms 69:3
- I am weary with my crying. My throat is dry. My eyes fail, looking for my God.
- Psalms 69:21
- They also gave me gall for my food. In my thirst, they gave me vinegar to drink.