For you will light my lamp, Yahweh. My God will light up my darkness.
Alternate Versions of Psalms 18-28
- A Conservative Version: Psalms 18:28
- For thou will light my lamp. Jehovah my God will lighten my darkness.
- American Standard Version: Psalms 18:28
- For thou wilt light my lamp: Jehovah my God will lighten my darkness.
- Bible in Basic English: Psalms 18:28
- You, O Lord, will be my light; by you, my God, the dark will be made bright for me.
- Darby English Bible: Psalms 18:28
- For it is thou that makest my lamp to shine: Jehovah my God enlighteneth my darkness.
- King James Version: Psalms 18:28
- For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness.
- King James Version (UK): Psalms 18:28
- For you will light my candle the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness.
- Webster's: Psalms 18:28
- For thou wilt save the afflicted people; but wilt bring down high looks.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Psalms 18:28
- For Thou -- Thou lightest my lamp, Jehovah my God enlighteneth my darkness.
Verses Related to Psalms 18-28
- 2 Samuel 22:29
- For you are my lamp, Yahweh; Yahweh will lighten my darkness.
- 1 Kings 11:36
- To his son will I give one tribe, that David my servant may have a lamp always before me in Jerusalem, the city which I have chosen me to put my name there.
- Job 18:6
- The light shall be dark in his tent, His lamp above him shall be put out.
- Job 29:3
- When his lamp shone on my head, And by his light I walked through darkness;
- Psalms 97:11
- Light is sown for the righteous, And gladness for the upright in heart.
- Psalms 112:4
- Light dawns in the darkness for the upright, Gracious, merciful, and righteous.
- Psalms 132:17
- There I will make the horn of David to bud. I have ordained a lamp for my anointed.
- Proverbs 20:27
- The spirit of man is Yahweh's lamp, Searching all his innermost parts.
- Isaiah 42:16
- I will bring the blind by a way that they don't know; in paths that they don't know will I lead them; I will make darkness light before them, and crooked places straight. These things will I do, and I will not forsake them.
- Isaiah 62:1
- For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until her righteousness go forth as brightness, and her salvation as a lamp that burns.