In whose eyes a vile man is despised, But who honors those who fear Yahweh; He who keeps an oath even when it hurts, and doesn't change;
Alternate Versions of Psalms 15-4
- A Conservative Version: Psalms 15:4
- in whose eyes a reprobate is despised, but who honors those who fear Jehovah, he that swears to his own hurt, and changes not,
- American Standard Version: Psalms 15:4
- In whose eyes a reprobate is despised, But who honoreth them that fear Jehovah; He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not;
- Bible in Basic English: Psalms 15:4
- Who gives honour to those who have the fear of the Lord, turning away from him who has not the Lord's approval. He who takes an oath against himself, and makes no change.
- Darby English Bible: Psalms 15:4
- In whose eyes the depraved person is contemned, and who honoureth them that fear Jehovah; who, if he have sworn to his own hurt, changeth it not;
- King James Version: Psalms 15:4
- In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the LORD. He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not.
- King James Version (UK): Psalms 15:4
- In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honors them that fear the LORD. He that swears to his own hurt, and changes not.
- Webster's: Psalms 15:4
- In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoreth them that fear the LORD. He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Psalms 15:4
- Despised in his eyes `is' a rejected one, And those fearing Jehovah he doth honour. He hath sworn to suffer evil, and changeth not;
Verses Related to Psalms 15-4
- Judges 11:35
- It happened, when he saw her, that he tore his clothes, and said, Alas, my daughter! you have brought me very low, and you are one of those who trouble me; for I have opened my mouth to Yahweh, and I can't go back.
- Esther 3:2
- All the king's servants, who were in the king's gate, bowed down, and did reverence to Haman; for the king had so commanded concerning him. But Mordecai didn't bow down, nor did him reverence.
- Psalms 16:3
- As for the saints who are in the earth, They are the excellent ones in whom is all my delight.
- Psalms 50:14
- Offer to God the sacrifice of thanksgiving. Pay your vows to the Most High.
- Psalms 101:4
- A perverse heart will be far from me. I will have nothing to do with evil.