His spirit departs, and he returns to the earth. In that very day, his thoughts perish.
Alternate Versions of Psalms 146-4
- A Conservative Version: Psalms 146:4
- His breath goes forth, he returns to his earth. In that very day his thoughts perish.
- American Standard Version: Psalms 146:4
- His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; In that very day his thoughts perish.
- Bible in Basic English: Psalms 146:4
- Man's breath goes out, he is turned back again to dust; in that day all his purposes come to an end.
- Darby English Bible: Psalms 146:4
- His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his purposes perish.
- King James Version: Psalms 146:4
- His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.
- King James Version (UK): Psalms 146:4
- His breath goes forth, he returns to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Psalms 146:4
- His spirit goeth forth, he returneth to his earth, In that day have his thoughts perished.
Verses Related to Psalms 146-4
- Genesis 2:7
- Yahweh God formed man from the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
- Genesis 3:19
- By the sweat of your face will you eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For you are dust, and to dust you shall return."
- Genesis 6:17
- I, even, I do bring the flood of waters on this earth, to destroy all flesh having the breath of life from under the sky. Everything that is in the earth will die.
- Job 12:10
- In whose hand is the life of every living thing, The breath of all mankind?
- Job 14:10
- But man dies, and is laid low. Yes, man gives up the spirit, and where is he?
- Job 14:21
- His sons come to honor, and he doesn't know it; They are brought low, but he doesn't perceive it of them.
- Job 17:1
- "My spirit is consumed, my days are extinct, And the grave is ready for me.
- Job 17:11
- My days are past, my plans are broken off, As are the thoughts of my heart.
- Job 27:3
- (For the length of my life is still in me, And the spirit of God is in my nostrils);
- Psalms 90:3
- You turn man to destruction, saying, "Return, you children of men."