Daughter of Babylon, doomed to destruction, He will be happy who rewards you, As you have served us.
Alternate Versions of Psalms 137-8
- A Conservative Version: Psalms 137:8
- O daughter of Babylon, who is to be destroyed, happy shall he be who rewards thee as thou have served us.
- American Standard Version: Psalms 137:8
- O daughter of Babylon, that art to be destroyed, Happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee As thou hast served us.
- Bible in Basic English: Psalms 137:8
- O daughter of Babylon, whose fate is destruction; happy is the man who does to you what you have done to us.
- Darby English Bible: Psalms 137:8
- Daughter of Babylon, who art to be laid waste, happy he that rendereth unto thee that which thou hast meted out to us.
- King James Version: Psalms 137:8
- O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us.
- King James Version (UK): Psalms 137:8
- O daughter of Babylon, who are to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewards you as you have served us.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Psalms 137:8
- O daughter of Babylon, O destroyed one, O the happiness of him who repayeth to thee thy deed, That thou hast done to us.
Verses Related to Psalms 137-8
- Isaiah 13:1
- The burden of Babylon, which Isaiah the son of Amoz did see.
- Isaiah 13:5
- They come from a far country, from the uttermost part of heaven, even Yahweh, and the weapons of his indignation, to destroy the whole land.
- Isaiah 21:1
- The burden of the wilderness of the sea. As whirlwinds in the South sweep through, it comes from the wilderness, from an awesome land.
- Isaiah 44:28
- Who says of Cyrus, [He is] my shepherd, and shall perform all my pleasure, even saying of Jerusalem, She shall be built; and of the temple, Your foundation shall be laid.
- Isaiah 47:1
- Come down, and sit in the dust, virgin daughter of Babylon; sit on the ground without a throne, daughter of the Chaldeans: for you shall no more be called tender and delicate.
- Jeremiah 25:12
- It shall happen, when seventy years are accomplished, that I will punish the king of Babylon, and that nation, says Yahweh, for their iniquity, and the land of the Chaldeans; and I will make it desolate forever.