For Yah has chosen Jacob for himself; Israel for his own possession.
Alternate Versions of Psalms 135-4
- A Conservative Version: Psalms 135:4
- For Jehovah has chosen Jacob to himself, Israel for his own possession.
- American Standard Version: Psalms 135:4
- For Jehovah hath chosen Jacob unto himself, `And' Israel for his own possession.
- Bible in Basic English: Psalms 135:4
- For the Lord has taken Jacob for himself, and Israel for his property.
- Darby English Bible: Psalms 135:4
- For Jah hath chosen Jacob unto himself, Israel for his own possession.
- King James Version: Psalms 135:4
- For the LORD hath chosen Jacob unto himself, and Israel for his peculiar treasure.
- King James Version (UK): Psalms 135:4
- For the LORD has chosen Jacob unto himself, and Israel for his exclusive treasure.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Psalms 135:4
- For Jacob hath Jah chosen for Himself, Israel for His peculiar treasure.
Verses Related to Psalms 135-4
- Exodus 19:5
- Now therefore, if you will indeed obey my voice, and keep my covenant, then you shall be my own possession from among all peoples; for all the earth is mine;
- Deuteronomy 7:6
- For you are a holy people to Yahweh your God: Yahweh your God has chosen you to be a people for his own possession, above all peoples who are on the face of the earth.
- Deuteronomy 10:15
- Only Yahweh had a delight in your fathers to love them, and he chose their seed after them, even you above all peoples, as at this day.
- Deuteronomy 32:9
- For Yahweh's portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance.
- 1 Samuel 12:22
- For Yahweh will not forsake his people for his great name's sake, because it has pleased Yahweh to make you a people to himself.
- 1 Kings 8:53
- For you did separate them from among all the peoples of the earth, to be your inheritance, as you spoke by Moses your servant, when you brought our fathers out of Egypt, Lord Yahweh.
- Psalms 33:12
- Blessed is the nation whose God is Yahweh, The people whom he has chosen for his own inheritance.
- Isaiah 41:8
- But you, Israel, my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend,