Light dawns in the darkness for the upright, Gracious, merciful, and righteous.
Alternate Versions of Psalms 112-4
- A Conservative Version: Psalms 112:4
- To the upright there arises light in the darkness. He is gracious, and merciful, and righteous.
- American Standard Version: Psalms 112:4
- Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness: `He is' gracious, and merciful, and righteous.
- Bible in Basic English: Psalms 112:4
- For the upright there is a light shining in the dark; he is full of grace and pity.
- Darby English Bible: Psalms 112:4
- Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness; he is gracious, and merciful, and righteous.
- King James Version: Psalms 112:4
- Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness: he is gracious, and full of compassion, and righteous.
- King James Version (UK): Psalms 112:4
- Unto the upright there arises light in the darkness he is gracious, and full of compassion, and righteous.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Psalms 112:4
- Light hath risen in darkness to the upright, Gracious, and merciful, and righteous.
Verses Related to Psalms 112-4
- Nehemiah 9:17
- and refused to obey, neither were mindful of your wonders that you did among them, but hardened their neck, and in their rebellion appointed a captain to return to their bondage. But you are a God ready to pardon, gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and abundant in loving kindness, and didn't forsake them.
- Job 11:17
- Life shall be clearer than the noonday; Though there is darkness, it shall be as the morning.
- Psalms 37:6
- He will make your righteousness go forth as the light, And your justice as the noon day sun.
- Psalms 97:11
- Light is sown for the righteous, And gladness for the upright in heart.
- Psalms 106:1
- Praise Yahweh! Give thanks to Yahweh, for he is good, For his loving kindness endures forever.
- Isaiah 50:10
- Who is among you who fears Yahweh, who obeys the voice of his servant? He who walks in darkness, and has no light, let him trust in the name of Yahweh, and rely on his God.
- Isaiah 58:10
- and if you draw out your soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul: then shall your light rise in darkness, and your obscurity be as the noonday;
- Micah 7:19
- He will again have compassion on us. He will tread our iniquities under foot; And you will cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.
- Malachi 4:2
- But to you who fear my name shall the sun of righteousness arise with healing in its wings. You will go out, and leap like calves of the stall.