The fear of Yahweh is the beginning of wisdom. All those who do his work have a good understanding. His praise endures forever!
Alternate Versions of Psalms 111-10
- A Conservative Version: Psalms 111:10
- The fear of Jehovah is the beginning of wisdom, and all who act accordingly have a good understanding. His praise endures forever.
- American Standard Version: Psalms 111:10
- The fear of Jehovah is the beginning of wisdom; A good understanding have all they that do `his commandments': His praise endureth for ever.
- Bible in Basic English: Psalms 111:10
- The fear of the Lord is the best part of wisdom: all those who keep his laws are wise: his praise is eternal.
- Darby English Bible: Psalms 111:10
- The fear of Jehovah is the beginning of wisdom; a good understanding have all they that do [his precepts]: his praise abideth for ever.
- King James Version: Psalms 111:10
- The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.
- King James Version (UK): Psalms 111:10
- The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom a good understanding have all they that do his commandments his praise endures for ever.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Psalms 111:10
- The beginning of wisdom `is' fear of Jehovah, Good understanding have all doing them, His praise `is' standing for ever!
Verses Related to Psalms 111-10
- Deuteronomy 4:6
- Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the peoples, who shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.
- Joshua 1:8
- This book of the law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate thereon day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall have good success.
- 1 Kings 2:3
- and keep the charge of Yahweh your God, to walk in his ways, to keep his statutes, [and] his commandments, and his ordinances, and his testimonies, according to that which is written in the law of Moses, that you may prosper in all that you do, and wherever you turn yourself.
- Job 28:28
- To man he said, 'Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom. To depart from evil is understanding.'"
- Psalms 1:3
- He will be like a tree planted by the streams of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also does not wither. Whatever he does shall prosper.
- Psalms 119:100
- I understand more than the aged, Because I have kept your precepts.
- Psalms 145:2
- Every day I will praise you. I will extol your name forever and ever.
- Proverbs 1:7
- The fear of Yahweh is the beginning of knowledge; But the foolish despise wisdom and instruction.
- Proverbs 3:4
- So you will find favor, And good understanding in the sight of God and man.