The fear of man proves to be a snare, But whoever puts his trust in Yahweh is kept safe.
Alternate Versions of Proverbs 29-25
- A Conservative Version: Proverbs 29:25
- The fear of man brings a snare, but he who puts his trust in Jehovah shall be safe.
- American Standard Version: Proverbs 29:25
- The fear of man bringeth a snare; But whoso putteth his trust in Jehovah shall be safe.
- Bible in Basic English: Proverbs 29:25
- The fear of man is a cause of danger: but whoever puts his faith in the Lord will have a safe place on high.
- Darby English Bible: Proverbs 29:25
- The fear of man bringeth a snare; but whoso putteth his confidence in Jehovah is protected.
- King James Version: Proverbs 29:25
- The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.
- King James Version (UK): Proverbs 29:25
- The fear of man brings a snare but whoso puts his trust in the LORD shall be safe.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Proverbs 29:25
- Fear of man causeth a snare, And the confident in Jehovah is set on high.
Verses Related to Proverbs 29-25
- Genesis 20:2
- Abraham said about Sarah his wife, "She is my sister." Abimelech king of Gerar sent, and took Sarah.
- Genesis 20:11
- Abraham said, "Because I thought, 'Surely the fear of God is not in this place. They will kill me for my wife's sake.'
- Genesis 26:7
- The men of the place asked him about his wife. He said, "She is my sister," for he was afraid to say, "My wife," lest, he thought, the men of the place might kill me for Rebekah, because she was beautiful to look on.
- 1 Samuel 15:24
- Saul said to Samuel, I have sinned; for I have transgressed the commandment of Yahweh, and your words, because I feared the people, and obeyed their voice.
- 1 Samuel 27:1
- David said in his heart, I shall now perish one day by the hand of Saul: there is nothing better for me than that I should escape into the land of the Philistines; and Saul will despair of me, to seek me any more in all the borders of Israel: so shall I escape out of his hand.
- 1 Samuel 27:11
- David saved neither man nor woman alive, to bring them to Gath, saying, Lest they should tell of us, saying, So did David, and so has been his manner all the while he has lived in the country of the Philistines.
- 1 Kings 19:3
- When he saw that, he arose, and went for his life, and came to Beersheba, which belongs to Judah, and left his servant there.
- 1 Chronicles 5:20
- They were helped against them, and the Hagrites were delivered into their hand, and all who were with them; for they cried to God in the battle, and he was entreated of them, because they put their trust in him.