Do you see a man skilled in his work? He will serve kings; He won't serve obscure men.
Alternate Versions of Proverbs 22-29
- A Conservative Version: Proverbs 22:29
- See thou a man diligent in his business? He shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before obscure men.
- American Standard Version: Proverbs 22:29
- Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; He shall not stand before mean men.
- Bible in Basic English: Proverbs 22:29
- Have you seen a man who is expert in his business? he will take his place before kings; his place will not be among low persons.
- Darby English Bible: Proverbs 22:29
- Hast thou seen a man diligent in his work? He shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before the mean.
- King James Version: Proverbs 22:29
- Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.
- King James Version (UK): Proverbs 22:29
- See you a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Proverbs 22:29
- Hast thou seen a man speedy in his business? Before kings he doth station himself, He stations not himself before obscure men!
Verses Related to Proverbs 22-29
- 2 Samuel 16:23
- The counsel of Ahithophel, which he gave in those days, was as if a man inquired at the oracle of God: so was all the counsel of Ahithophel both with David and with Absalom.
- 1 Kings 7:14
- He was the son of a widow of the tribe of Naphtali, and his father was a man of Tyre, a worker in brass; and he was filled with wisdom and understanding and skill, to work all works in brass. He came to king Solomon, and performed all his work.
- 1 Kings 11:28
- The man Jeroboam was a mighty man of valor; and Solomon saw the young man that he was industrious, and he gave him charge over all the labor of the house of Joseph.
- Proverbs 10:4
- He becomes poor who works with a lazy hand, But the hand of the diligent brings wealth.
- Proverbs 12:24
- The hands of the diligent ones shall rule, But laziness ends in slave labor.
- Ecclesiastes 9:10
- Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in Sheol, where you are going.
- Daniel 1:19
- The king talked with them; and among them all was found none like Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah: therefore stood they before the king.
- Matthew 25:21
- "His lord said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a few things, I will set you over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.'