Love and faithfulness keep the king safe. His throne is sustained by love.
Alternate Versions of Proverbs 20-28
- A Conservative Version: Proverbs 20:28
- Kindness and truth preserve the king, and his throne is upheld by kindness.
- American Standard Version: Proverbs 20:28
- Kindness and truth preserve the king; And his throne is upholden by kindness.
- Bible in Basic English: Proverbs 20:28
- Mercy and good faith keep the king safe, and the seat of his power is based on upright acts.
- Darby English Bible: Proverbs 20:28
- Mercy and truth preserve the king; and he upholdeth his throne by mercy.
- King James Version: Proverbs 20:28
- Mercy and truth preserve the king: and his throne is upholden by mercy.
- King James Version (UK): Proverbs 20:28
- Mercy and truth preserve the king and his throne supported by mercy.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Proverbs 20:28
- Kindness and truth keep a king, And he hath supported by kindness his throne.
Verses Related to Proverbs 20-28
- Psalms 21:7
- For the king trusts in Yahweh. Through the loving kindness of the Most High, he shall not be moved.
- Psalms 26:1
- > Judge me, Yahweh, for I have walked in my integrity. I have trusted also in Yahweh without wavering.
- Psalms 61:7
- He shall be enthroned in God's presence forever. Appoint your loving kindness and truth, that they may preserve him.
- Psalms 101:1
- > I will sing of loving kindness and justice. To you, Yahweh, I will sing praises.
- Proverbs 16:6
- By mercy and truth iniquity is atoned for. By the fear of Yahweh men depart from evil.
- Proverbs 16:12
- It is an abomination for kings to do wrong, For the throne is established by righteousness.
- Proverbs 29:14
- The king who fairly judges the poor, His throne shall be established forever.
- Isaiah 16:5
- A throne shall be established in loving kindness; and one shall sit thereon in truth, in the tent of David, judging, and seeking justice, and swift to do righteousness.