The ransom of a man's life is his riches, But the poor hear no threats.
Alternate Versions of Proverbs 13-8
- A Conservative Version: Proverbs 13:8
- The ransom of a man's life is his riches, but the poor hears no threatening.
- American Standard Version: Proverbs 13:8
- The ransom of a man's life is his riches; But the poor heareth no threatening.
- Bible in Basic English: Proverbs 13:8
- A man will give his wealth in exchange for his life; but the poor will not give ear to sharp words.
- Darby English Bible: Proverbs 13:8
- The ransom of a man's life is his riches; but the indigent heareth not rebuke.
- King James Version: Proverbs 13:8
- The ransom of a man's life are his riches: but the poor heareth not rebuke.
- King James Version (UK): Proverbs 13:8
- The ransom of a man's life are his riches but the poor hears not rebuke.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Proverbs 13:8
- The ransom of a man's life `are' his riches, And the poor hath not heard rebuke.
Verses Related to Proverbs 13-8
- Exodus 21:30
- If a ransom is laid on him, then he shall give for the redemption of his life whatever is laid on him.
- 2 Kings 24:14
- He carried away all Jerusalem, and all the princes, and all the mighty men of valor, even ten thousand captives, and all the craftsmen and the smiths; none remained, save the poorest sort of the people of the land.
- 2 Kings 25:12
- But the captain of the guard left of the poorest of the land to work the vineyards and fields.
- Job 2:4
- Satan answered Yahweh, and said, "Skin for skin. Yes, all that a man has will he give for his life.
- Proverbs 6:35
- He won't regard any ransom, Neither will he rest content, though you give many gifts.
- Jeremiah 39:10
- But Nebuzaradan the captain of the guard left of the poor of the people, who had nothing, in the land of Judah, and gave them vineyards and fields at the same time.
- Jeremiah 41:8
- But ten men were found among those who said to Ishmael, Don't kill us; for we have stores hidden in the field, of wheat, and of barley, and of oil, and of honey. So he stopped, and didn't kill them among their brothers.
- Zephaniah 3:12
- But I will leave in the midst of you an afflicted and poor people, and they will take refuge in the name of Yahweh.
- Matthew 16:26
- For what will it profit a man, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his life? Or what will a man give in exchange for his life?