A righteous man hates lies, But a wicked man brings shame and disgrace.
Alternate Versions of Proverbs 13-5
- A Conservative Version: Proverbs 13:5
- A righteous man hates lying, but a wicked man is loathsome, and comes to shame.
- American Standard Version: Proverbs 13:5
- A righteous man hateth lying; But a wicked man is loathsome, and cometh to shame.
- Bible in Basic English: Proverbs 13:5
- The upright man is a hater of false words: the evil-doer gets a bad name and is put to shame.
- Darby English Bible: Proverbs 13:5
- A righteous [man] hateth lying; but the wicked maketh himself odious and cometh to shame.
- King James Version: Proverbs 13:5
- A righteous man hateth lying: but a wicked man is loathsome, and cometh to shame.
- King James Version (UK): Proverbs 13:5
- A righteous man hates lying but a wicked man is loathsome, and comes to shame.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Proverbs 13:5
- A false word the righteous hateth, And the wicked causeth abhorrence, and is confounded.
Verses Related to Proverbs 13-5
- Psalms 119:163
- I hate and abhor falsehood. I love your law.
- Proverbs 3:35
- The wise will inherit glory, But shame will be the promotion of fools.
- Proverbs 6:17
- Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, Hands that shed innocent blood;
- Proverbs 8:13
- The fear of Yahweh is to hate evil. I hate pride, arrogance, the evil way, and the perverse mouth.
- Proverbs 30:8
- Remove far from me falsehood and lies. Give me neither poverty nor riches. Feed me with the food that is needful for me;
- Ezekiel 6:9
- Those of you that escape shall remember me among the nations where they shall be carried captive, how that I have been broken with their lewd heart, which has departed from me, and with they eyes, which play the prostitute after their idols: and they shall loathe themselves in their own sight for the evils which they have committed in all their abominations.
- Ezekiel 20:43
- There shall you remember your ways, and all your doings, in which you have polluted yourselves; and you shall loathe yourselves in your own sight for all your evils that you have committed.
- Ezekiel 36:31
- Then shall you remember your evil ways, and your doings that were not good; and you shall loathe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations.
- Daniel 12:2
- Many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
- Zechariah 11:8
- I cut off the three shepherds in one month; for my soul was weary of them, and their soul also loathed me.