Josiah became the father of Jechoniah and his brothers, at the time of the exile to Babylon.
Alternate Versions of Matthew 1-11
- A Conservative Version: Matthew 1:11
- and Josiah begot Jechoniah and his brothers during the Babylonian exile.
- American Standard Version: Matthew 1:11
- and Josiah begat Jechoniah and his brethren, at the time of the carrying away to Babylon.
- Bible in Basic English: Matthew 1:11
- And the sons of Josiah were Jechoniah and his brothers, at the time of the taking away to Babylon.
- Darby English Bible: Matthew 1:11
- and Josias begat Jechonias and his brethren, at the time of the carrying away of Babylon.
- King James Version: Matthew 1:11
- And Josias begat Jechonias and his brethren, about the time they were carried away to Babylon:
- King James Version (UK): Matthew 1:11
- And Josias brings forth Jechonias and his brethren, about the time they were carried away to Babylon:
- Youngs Literal Translation: Matthew 1:11
- and Josiah begat Jeconiah and his brethren, at the Babylonian removal.
Verses Related to Matthew 1-11
- 2 Kings 23:34
- Pharaoh Necoh made Eliakim the son of Josiah king in the room of Josiah his father, and changed his name to Jehoiakim: but he took Jehoahaz away; and he came to Egypt, and died there.
- 2 Kings 24:12
- and Jehoiachin the king of Judah went out to the king of Babylon, he, and his mother, and his servants, and his princes, and his officers: and the king of Babylon took him in the eighth year of his reign.
- 2 Kings 24:15
- He carried away Jehoiachin to Babylon; and the king's mother, and the king's wives, and his officers, and the chief men of the land, carried he into captivity from Jerusalem to Babylon.
- 2 Kings 25:11
- The residue of the people who were left in the city, and those who fell away, who fell to the king of Babylon, and the residue of the multitude, did Nebuzaradan the captain of the guard carry away captive.
- 1 Chronicles 3:16
- The sons of Jehoiakim: Jeconiah his son, Zedekiah his son.