but whoever may blaspheme against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin"
Alternate Versions of Mark 3-29
- A Conservative Version: Mark 3:29
- But whoever may blaspheme against the Holy Spirit has no forgiveness, into the age, but is deserving of eternal damnation,
- American Standard Version: Mark 3:29
- but whosoever shall blaspheme against the Holy Spirit hath never forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin:
- Bible in Basic English: Mark 3:29
- But whoever says evil things against the Holy Spirit will never have forgiveness, but the evil he has done will be with him for ever:
- Darby English Bible: Mark 3:29
- but whosoever shall speak injuriously against the Holy Spirit, to eternity has no forgiveness; but lies under the guilt of an everlasting sin;
- King James Version: Mark 3:29
- But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.
- King James Version (UK): Mark 3:29
- But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Spirit has never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Mark 3:29
- but whoever may speak evil in regard to the Holy Spirit hath not forgiveness -- to the age, but is in danger of age-during judgment;'
Verses Related to Mark 3-29
- Matthew 12:32
- Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, neither in this age, nor in that which is to come.
- Matthew 25:46
- These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."
- Mark 12:40
- those who devour widows' houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. These will receive greater condemnation."
- Luke 12:10
- Everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but those who blaspheme against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.
- 2 Thessalonians 1:9
- who will pay the penalty: eternal destruction from the face of the Lord and from the glory of his might,
- Hebrews 6:4
- For concerning those who were once enlightened and tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Spirit,
- Hebrews 6:6
- and then fell away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance; seeing they crucify the Son of God for themselves again, and put him to open shame.
- Hebrews 10:26
- For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more a sacrifice for sins,
- 1 John 5:16
- If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin not leading to death, he shall ask, and God will give him life for those who sin not leading to death. There is a sin leading to death. I don't say that he should make a request concerning this.