"If anyone sins, and commits a trespass against Yahweh, and deals falsely with his neighbor in a matter of deposit, or of bargain, or of robbery, or has oppressed his neighbor,
Alternate Versions of Leviticus 6-2
- A Conservative Version: Leviticus 6:2
- If a soul sins, and commits a trespass against Jehovah, and deals falsely with his neighbor in a matter of deposit, or of bargain, or of robbery, or have oppressed his neighbor,
- American Standard Version: Leviticus 6:2
- If any one sin, and commit a trespass against Jehovah, and deal falsely with his neighbor in a matter of deposit, or of bargain, or of robbery, or have oppressed his neighbor,
- Bible in Basic English: Leviticus 6:2
- Give orders to Aaron and to his sons, saying, This is the law for the burned offering: the offering is to be on the fire-wood on the altar all night till the morning; and the fire of the altar is to be kept burning.
- Darby English Bible: Leviticus 6:2
- If any one sin and act unfaithfully against Jehovah, and lie to his neighbour as to an entrusted thing or a deposit or [that in which] he hath robbed or wronged his neighbour,
- King James Version: Leviticus 6:2
- If a soul sin, and commit a trespass against the LORD, and lie unto his neighbor in that which was delivered him to keep, or in fellowship, or in a thing taken away by violence, or hath deceived his neighbor;
- King James Version (UK): Leviticus 6:2
- If a soul sin, and commit a trespass against the LORD, and lie unto his neighbour in that which was delivered him to keep, or in fellowship, or in a thing taken away by violence, or has deceived his neighbour;
- Webster's: Leviticus 6:2
- Command Aaron and his sons, saying, This is the law of the burnt-offering: It is the burnt-offering, because of the burning upon the altar all night until the morning, and the fire of the altar shall be burning in it.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Leviticus 6:2
- `When any person doth sin, and hath committed a trespass against Jehovah, and hath lied to his fellow concerning a deposit, or concerning fellowship, or concerning violent robbery, or hath oppressed his fellow;
Verses Related to Leviticus 6-2
- Genesis 26:7
- The men of the place asked him about his wife. He said, "She is my sister," for he was afraid to say, "My wife," lest, he thought, the men of the place might kill me for Rebekah, because she was beautiful to look on.
- Exodus 22:7
- "If a man delivers to his neighbor money or stuff to keep, and it is stolen out of the man's house; if the thief is found, he shall pay double.
- Leviticus 5:15
- "If anyone commits a trespass, and sins unwittingly, in the holy things of Yahweh; then he shall bring his trespass offering to Yahweh, a ram without blemish from the flock, according to your estimation in silver by shekels, after the shekel of the sanctuary, for a trespass offering.
- Leviticus 5:19
- It is a trespass offering. He is certainly guilty before Yahweh."
- Leviticus 19:11
- "'You shall not steal; neither shall you deal falsely, nor lie to one another.
- Numbers 5:6
- "Speak to the children of Israel: When a man or woman commits any sin that men commit, so as to trespass against Yahweh, and that soul is guilty;
- Job 24:2
- There are people who remove the landmarks. They violently take away flocks, and feed them.
- Psalms 51:4
- Against you, and you only, have I sinned, And done that which is evil in your sight; That you may be proved right when you speak, And justified when you judge.
- Proverbs 24:28
- Don't be a witness against your neighbor without cause. Don't deceive with your lips.
- Proverbs 26:19
- Is the man who deceives his neighbor and says, "Am I not joking?"