Take no interest from him or profit, but fear your God; that your brother may live among you.
Alternate Versions of Leviticus 25-36
- A Conservative Version: Leviticus 25:36
- Take thou no interest from him or increase, but fear thy God, that thy brother may live with thee.
- American Standard Version: Leviticus 25:36
- Take thou no interest of him or increase, but fear thy God; that thy brother may live with thee.
- Bible in Basic English: Leviticus 25:36
- Take no interest from him, in money or in goods, but have the fear of your God before you, and let your brother make a living among you.
- Darby English Bible: Leviticus 25:36
- Thou shalt take no usury nor increase of him; and thou shalt fear thy God; that thy brother may live beside thee.
- King James Version: Leviticus 25:36
- Take thou no usury of him, or increase: but fear thy God; that thy brother may live with thee.
- King James Version (UK): Leviticus 25:36
- Take you no interest of him, or increase but fear your God; that your brother may live with you.
- Webster's: Leviticus 25:36
- Take thou no interest of him, or increase; but fear thy God; that thy brother may live with thee.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Leviticus 25:36
- thou takest no usury from him, or increase; and thou hast been afraid of thy God; and thy brother hath lived with thee;
Verses Related to Leviticus 25-36
- Exodus 22:25
- "If you lend money to any of my people with you who is poor, you shall not be to him as a creditor; neither shall you charge him interest.
- Leviticus 25:17
- You shall not wrong one another; but you shall fear your God: for I am Yahweh your God.
- Deuteronomy 23:19
- You shall not lend on interest to your brother; interest of money, interest of food, interest of anything that is lent on interest:
- Nehemiah 5:7
- Then I consulted with myself, and contended with the nobles and the rulers, and said to them, You exact usury, everyone of his brother. I held a great assembly against them.
- Nehemiah 5:9
- Also I said, The thing that you do is not good: ought you not to walk in the fear of our God, because of the reproach of the nations our enemies?
- Nehemiah 5:15
- But the former governors who were before me were chargeable to the people, and took of them bread and wine, besides forty shekels of silver; yes, even their servants bore rule over the people: but I didn't do so, because of the fear of God.
- Psalms 15:5
- He who doesn't lend out his money for usury, Nor take a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things shall never be shaken.
- Psalms 89:7
- A very awesome God in the council of the holy ones, To be feared above all those who are around him?
- Proverbs 8:13
- The fear of Yahweh is to hate evil. I hate pride, arrogance, the evil way, and the perverse mouth.
- Proverbs 28:8
- He who increases his wealth by excessive interest Gathers it for one who has pity on the poor.