As an offering of firstfruits you shall offer them to Yahweh: but they shall not come up for a sweet savor on the altar.
Alternate Versions of Leviticus 2-12
- A Conservative Version: Leviticus 2:12
- As an oblation of first-fruits ye shall offer them to Jehovah, but they shall not come up for a sweet savor on the altar.
- American Standard Version: Leviticus 2:12
- As an oblation of first -`fruits' ye shall offer them unto Jehovah: but they shall not come up for a sweet savor on the altar.
- Bible in Basic English: Leviticus 2:12
- You may give them as an offering of first-fruits to the Lord, but they are not to go up as a sweet smell on the altar.
- Darby English Bible: Leviticus 2:12
- As to the offering of the first-fruits, ye shall present them to Jehovah; but they shall not be offered upon the altar for a sweet odour.
- King James Version: Leviticus 2:12
- As for the oblation of the firstfruits, ye shall offer them unto the LORD: but they shall not be burnt on the altar for a sweet savor.
- King James Version (UK): Leviticus 2:12
- As for the oblation of the first-fruits, all of you shall offer them unto the LORD but they shall not be burnt on the altar for a sweet savour.
- Webster's: Leviticus 2:12
- As for the oblation of the first-fruits, ye shall offer them to the LORD: but they shall not be burnt on the altar for a sweet savor.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Leviticus 2:12
- `An offering of first-`fruits' -- ye bring them near to Jehovah, but on the altar they go not up, for sweet fragrance.
Verses Related to Leviticus 2-12
- Genesis 23:17
- So the field of Ephron, which was in Machpelah, which was before Mamre, the field, the cave which was therein, and all the trees that were in the field, that were in all the border of it round about, were made sure
- Exodus 22:29
- "You shall not delay to offer from your harvest and from the outflow of your presses. "You shall give the firstborn of your sons to me.
- Exodus 23:19
- The first of the first fruits of your ground you shall bring into the house of Yahweh your God. "You shall not boil a kid in its mother's milk.
- Numbers 15:20
- Of the first of your dough you shall offer up a cake for a heave-offering: as the heave-offering of the threshing floor, so shall you heave it.
- Deuteronomy 26:10
- Now, behold, I have brought the first of the fruit of the ground, which you, Yahweh, have given me. You shall set it down before Yahweh your God, and worship before Yahweh your God:
- 2 Chronicles 31:5
- As soon as the commandment came abroad, the children of Israel gave in abundance the first fruits of grain, new wine, and oil, and honey, and of all the increase of the field; and the tithe of all things brought they in abundantly.
- Proverbs 3:9
- Honor Yahweh with your substance, With the first fruits of all your increase:
- 1 Corinthians 15:20
- But now Christ has been raised from the dead. He became the first fruits of those who are asleep.