Gideon had seventy sons conceived from his body; for he had many wives.
Alternate Versions of Judges 8-30
- A Conservative Version: Judges 8:30
- And Gideon had seventy sons begotten from his body, for he had many wives.
- American Standard Version: Judges 8:30
- And Gideon had threescore and ten sons of his body begotten; for he had many wives.
- Bible in Basic English: Judges 8:30
- Gideon had seventy sons, the offspring of his body; for he had a number of wives.
- Darby English Bible: Judges 8:30
- Now Gideon had seventy sons, his own offspring, for he had many wives.
- King James Version: Judges 8:30
- And Gideon had threescore and ten sons of his body begotten: for he had many wives.
- King James Version (UK): Judges 8:30
- And Gideon had threescore and ten sons of his body begotten for he had many wives.
- Webster's: Judges 8:30
- And Gideon had seventy sons of his body begotten: for he had many wives.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Judges 8:30
- and to Gideon there have been seventy sons, coming out of his loin, for he had many wives;
Verses Related to Judges 8-30
- Genesis 2:24
- Therefore a man will leave his father and his mother, and will join with his wife, and they will be one flesh.
- Genesis 7:7
- Noah went into the ark with his sons, his wife, and his sons' wives, because of the waters of the flood.
- Genesis 46:26
- All the souls who came with Jacob into Egypt, who were his direct descendants, besides Jacob's sons' wives, all the souls were sixty-six.
- Exodus 1:5
- All the souls who came out of the Jacob's body were seventy souls, and Joseph was in Egypt already.
- Deuteronomy 17:17
- Neither shall he multiply wives to himself, that his heart not turn away: neither shall he greatly multiply to himself silver and gold.
- Judges 9:2
- Please speak in the ears of all the men of Shechem, Whether is better for you, that all the sons of Jerubbaal, who are seventy persons, rule over you, or that one rule over you? Remember also that I am your bone and your flesh.
- Judges 9:5
- He went to his father's house at Ophrah, and killed his brothers the sons of Jerubbaal, being seventy persons, on one stone: but Jotham the youngest son of Jerubbaal was left; for he hid himself.
- Judges 10:4
- He had thirty sons who rode on thirty donkey colts, and they had thirty cities, which are called Havvoth Jair to this day, which are in the land of Gilead.
- Judges 12:9
- He had thirty sons; and thirty daughters he sent abroad, and thirty daughters he brought in from abroad for his sons. He judged Israel seven years.
- Judges 12:14
- He had forty sons and thirty sons' sons, who rode on seventy donkey colts: and he judged Israel eight years.