Israel set liers-in-wait against Gibeah round about.
Alternate Versions of Judges 20-29
- A Conservative Version: Judges 20:29
- And Israel set an ambushment against Gibeah round about.
- American Standard Version: Judges 20:29
- And Israel set liers-in-wait against Gibeah round about.
- Bible in Basic English: Judges 20:29
- So Israel put men secretly all round Gibeah to make a surprise attack on it.
- Darby English Bible: Judges 20:29
- So Israel set men in ambush round about Gib'e-ah.
- King James Version: Judges 20:29
- And Israel set liers in wait round about Gibeah.
- King James Version (UK): Judges 20:29
- And Israel set hidden attackers in wait round about Gibeah.
- Webster's: Judges 20:29
- And Israel set liers in wait around Gibeah.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Judges 20:29
- And Israel setteth liers in wait against Gibeah, round about,
Verses Related to Judges 20-29
- Joshua 8:4
- He commanded them, saying, Behold, you shall lie in ambush against the city, behind the city; don't go very far from the city, but be all ready:
- Judges 20:34
- There came over against Gibeah ten thousand chosen men out of all Israel, and the battle was sore; but they didn't know that evil was close on them.
- 1 Samuel 15:5
- Saul came to the city of Amalek, and laid wait in the valley.
- 2 Samuel 5:23
- When David inquired of Yahweh, he said, You shall not go up: make a circuit behind them, and come on them over against the mulberry trees.
- Proverbs 24:6
- For by wise guidance you wage your war; And victory is in many advisors.
- Ecclesiastes 9:18
- Wisdom is better than weapons of war; but one sinner destroys much good.