Joshua said to the people, Sanctify yourselves; for tomorrow Yahweh will do wonders among you.
Alternate Versions of Joshua 3-5
- A Conservative Version: Joshua 3:5
- And Joshua said to the people, Sanctify yourselves, for tomorrow Jehovah will do wonders among you.
- American Standard Version: Joshua 3:5
- And Joshua said unto the people, Sanctify yourselves; for tomorrow Jehovah will do wonders among you.
- Bible in Basic English: Joshua 3:5
- And Joshua said to the people, Make yourselves holy, for tomorrow the Lord will do works of wonder among you.
- Darby English Bible: Joshua 3:5
- And Joshua said to the people, Hallow yourselves; for to-morrow Jehovah will do wonders in your midst.
- King James Version: Joshua 3:5
- And Joshua said unto the people, Sanctify yourselves: for to morrow the LORD will do wonders among you.
- King James Version (UK): Joshua 3:5
- And Joshua said unto the people, Sanctify yourselves in order to morrow the LORD will do wonders among you.
- Webster's: Joshua 3:5
- And Joshua said to the people, Sanctify yourselves: for to-morrow the LORD will do wonders among you.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Joshua 3:5
- And Joshua saith unto the people, `Sanctify yourselves, for to-morrow doth Jehovah do in your midst wonders.'
Verses Related to Joshua 3-5
- Exodus 19:10
- Yahweh said to Moses, "Go to the people, and sanctify them today and tomorrow, and let them wash their garments,
- Exodus 34:10
- He said, "Behold, I make a covenant: before all your people I will do marvels, such as have not been worked in all the earth, nor in any nation; and all the people among which you are shall see the work of Yahweh; for it is an awesome thing that I do with you.
- Leviticus 10:3
- Then Moses said to Aaron, "This is what Yahweh spoke of, saying, "'I will show myself holy to those who come near me, And before all the people I will be glorified.'" Aaron held his peace.
- Leviticus 20:7
- "'Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be holy; for I am Yahweh your God.
- Numbers 11:8
- The people went about, and gathered it, and ground it in mills, or beat it in mortars, and boiled it in pots, and made cakes of it: and the taste of it was as the taste of fresh oil.
- Joshua 3:13
- It shall come to pass, when the soles of the feet of the priests who bear the ark of Yahweh, the Lord of all the earth, shall rest in the waters of the Jordan, that the waters of the Jordan shall be cut off, even the waters that come down from above; and they shall stand in one heap.
- Joshua 3:15
- and when those who bore the ark were come to the Jordan, and the feet of the priests who bore the ark were dipped in the brink of the water (for the Jordan overflows all its banks all the time of harvest),
- Joshua 7:13
- Up, sanctify the people, and say, Sanctify yourselves against tomorrow: for thus says Yahweh, the God of Israel, There is a devoted thing in the midst of you, Israel; you can not stand before your enemies, until you take away the devoted thing from among you.
- 1 Samuel 16:5
- He said, Peaceably; I am come to sacrifice to Yahweh: sanctify yourselves, and come with me to the sacrifice. He sanctified Jesse and his sons, and called them to the sacrifice.
- Job 1:5
- It was so, when the days of their feasting had run their course, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all. For Job said, "It may be that my sons have sinned, and renounced God in their hearts." Thus did Job continually.