and they came into the land of Egypt; for they didn't obey the voice of Yahweh: and they came to Tahpanhes.
Alternate Versions of Jeremiah 43-7
- A Conservative Version: Jeremiah 43:7
- and they came into the land of Egypt, for they did not obey the voice of Jehovah. And they came to Tahpanhes.
- American Standard Version: Jeremiah 43:7
- and they came into the land of Egypt; for they obeyed not the voice of Jehovah: and they came unto Tahpanhes.
- Bible in Basic English: Jeremiah 43:7
- And they came into the land of Egypt; for they did not give ear to the voice of the Lord: and they came to Tahpanhes.
- Darby English Bible: Jeremiah 43:7
- and they came into the land of Egypt: for they hearkened not unto the voice of Jehovah. And they came as far as Tahpanhes.
- King James Version: Jeremiah 43:7
- So they came into the land of Egypt: for they obeyed not the voice of the LORD: thus came they even to Tahpanhes.
- King James Version (UK): Jeremiah 43:7
- So they came into the land of Egypt for they obeyed not the voice of the LORD thus came they even to Tahpanhes.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Jeremiah 43:7
- and they enter the land of Egypt, for they have not hearkened to the voice of Jehovah, and they enter unto Tahpanhes.
Verses Related to Jeremiah 43-7
- 2 Chronicles 25:16
- It happened, as he talked with him, that [the king] said to him, Have we made you of the king's counsel? Stop! Why should you be struck down? Then the prophet stopped, and said, I know that God has determined to destroy you, because you have done this, and have not listened to my counsel.
- Isaiah 19:18
- In that day there shall be five cities in the land of Egypt that speak the language of Canaan, and swear to Yahweh of hosts; one shall be called The city of destruction.
- Isaiah 30:4
- For their princes are at Zoan, and their ambassadors are come to Hanes.
- Jeremiah 2:14
- Is Israel a servant? is he a home-born [slave]? why is he become a prey?
- Jeremiah 2:16
- The children also of Memphis and Tahpanhes have broken the crown of your head.
- Jeremiah 44:1
- The word that came to Jeremiah concerning all the Jews who lived in the land of Egypt, who lived at Migdol, and at Tahpanhes, and at Memphis, and in the country of Pathros, saying,
- Jeremiah 46:14
- Declare you in Egypt, and publish in Migdol, and publish in Memphis and in Tahpanhes: say you, Stand forth, and prepare you; for the sword has devoured round about you.
- Ezekiel 30:4
- A sword shall come on Egypt, and anguish shall be in Ethiopia, when the slain shall fall in Egypt; and they shall take away her multitude, and her foundations shall be broken down.
- Ezekiel 30:18
- At Tehaphnehes also the day shall withdraw itself, when I shall break there the yokes of Egypt, and the pride of her power shall cease in her: as for her, a cloud shall cover her, and her daughters shall go into captivity.