But, Yahweh of Hosts, who judge righteously, who try the heart and the mind, I shall see your vengeance on them; for to you have I revealed my cause.
Alternate Versions of Jeremiah 11-20
- A Conservative Version: Jeremiah 11:20
- But, O Jehovah of hosts, who judges righteously, who tries the heart and the mind, I shall see thy vengeance on them, for to thee I have revealed my case.
- American Standard Version: Jeremiah 11:20
- But, O Jehovah of hosts, who judgest righteously, who triest the heart and the mind, I shall see thy vengeance on them; for unto thee have I revealed my cause.
- Bible in Basic English: Jeremiah 11:20
- But, O Lord of armies, judging in righteousness, testing the thoughts and the heart, let me see your punishment come on them: for I have put my cause before you.
- Darby English Bible: Jeremiah 11:20
- But thou, Jehovah of hosts, who judgest righteously, who triest the reins and the heart, let me see thy vengeance on them: for unto thee have I revealed my cause.
- King James Version: Jeremiah 11:20
- But, O LORD of hosts, that judgest righteously, that triest the reins and the heart, let me see thy vengeance on them: for unto thee have I revealed my cause.
- King James Version (UK): Jeremiah 11:20
- But, O LORD of hosts, that judge righteously, that try the reins and the heart, let me see your vengeance on them for unto you have I revealed my cause.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Jeremiah 11:20
- And O Jehovah of Hosts, judging righteousness, Trying reins and heart, I do see Thy vengeance against them, For unto Thee I have revealed my cause.'
Verses Related to Jeremiah 11-20
- Genesis 18:25
- Be it far from you to do things like that, to kill the righteous with the wicked, that so the righteous should be as the wicked. May that be far from you. Shouldn't the Judge of all the earth do right?"
- 1 Samuel 16:7
- But Yahweh said to Samuel, "Don't look on his face, or on the height of his stature; because I have rejected him: for [Yahweh sees] not as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but Yahweh looks at the heart."
- 1 Samuel 24:15
- Yahweh therefore be judge, and give sentence between me and you, and see, and plead my cause, and deliver me out of your hand.
- 1 Chronicles 28:9
- You, Solomon my son, know the God of your father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind; for Yahweh searches all hearts, and understands all the imaginations of the thoughts: if you seek him, he will be found of you; but if you forsake him, he will cast you off forever.
- 1 Chronicles 29:17
- I know also, my God, that you try the heart, and have pleasure in uprightness. As for me, in the uprightness of my heart I have willingly offered all these things: and now have I seen with joy your people, that are present here, offer willingly to you.
- Job 5:8
- "But as for me, I would seek God, To God would I commit my cause;
- Psalms 7:9
- Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end, But establish the righteous; Their minds and hearts are searched by the righteous God.
- Psalms 35:2
- Take hold of shield and buckler, And stand up for my help.
- Psalms 43:1
- Vindicate me, God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation. Oh, deliver me from deceitful and wicked men.