They said, "Your servant, our father, is well. He is still alive." They bowed the head, and did homage.
Alternate Versions of Genesis 43-28
- A Conservative Version: Genesis 43:28
- And they said, Thy servant our father is well; he is yet alive. And they bowed the head, and made obeisance.
- American Standard Version: Genesis 43:28
- And they said, Thy servant our father is well, he is yet alive. And they bowed the head, and made obeisance.
- Bible in Basic English: Genesis 43:28
- Then, lifting up his eyes, he saw Benjamin, his brother, his mother's son, and he said, Is this your youngest brother of whom you gave me word? And he said, God be good to you, my son.
- Darby English Bible: Genesis 43:28
- And they said, Thy servant our father is well; he is yet alive. And they bowed, and made obeisance.
- King James Version: Genesis 43:28
- And they answered, Thy servant our father is in good health, he is yet alive. And they bowed down their heads, and made obeisance.
- King James Version (UK): Genesis 43:28
- And they answered, Your servant our father is in good health, he is yet alive. And they bowed down their heads, and made reverence.
- Webster's: Genesis 43:28
- And he lifted up his eyes, and saw his brother Benjamin, his mother's son, and said, Is this your younger brother, of whom ye spoke to me? And he said, God be gracious to thee, my son.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Genesis 43:28
- and they say, `Thy servant our father `is' well, he is yet alive;' and they bow, and do obeisance.
Verses Related to Genesis 43-28
- Genesis 37:7
- for, behold, we were binding sheaves in the field, and behold, my sheaf arose and also stood upright; and behold, your sheaves came around, and bowed down to my sheaf."
- Genesis 37:9
- He dreamed yet another dream, and told it to his brothers, and said, "Behold, I have dreamed yet another dream: and behold, the sun and the moon and eleven stars bowed down to me."
- Genesis 43:26
- When Joseph came home, they brought him the present which was in their hand into the house, and bowed down themselves to him to the earth.
- Exodus 18:7
- Moses went out to meet his father-in-law, and bowed and kissed him. They asked each other of their welfare, and they came into the tent.
- 2 Samuel 1:2
- it happened on the third day, that behold, a man came out of the camp from Saul, with his clothes torn, and earth on his head: and so it was, when he came to David, that he fell to the earth, and did obeisance.
- 2 Samuel 14:4
- When the woman of Tekoa spoke to the king, she fell on her face to the ground, and did obeisance, and said, Help, O king.
- 1 Kings 1:16
- Bathsheba bowed, and did obeisance to the king. The king said, What would you?
- 2 Chronicles 24:17
- Now after the death of Jehoiada came the princes of Judah, and made obeisance to the king. Then the king listened to them.