and didn't allow me to kiss my sons and my daughters? Now have you done foolishly.
Alternate Versions of Genesis 31-28
- A Conservative Version: Genesis 31:28
- and did not allow me to kiss my sons and my daughters? Now thou have done foolishly.
- American Standard Version: Genesis 31:28
- and didst not suffer me to kiss my sons and my daughters? now hast thou done foolishly.
- Bible in Basic English: Genesis 31:28
- You did not even let me give a kiss to my sons and my daughters. This was a foolish thing to do.
- Darby English Bible: Genesis 31:28
- and hast not suffered me to kiss my sons and my daughters? Now thou hast acted foolishly.
- King James Version: Genesis 31:28
- And hast not suffered me to kiss my sons and my daughters? thou hast now done foolishly in so doing.
- King James Version (UK): Genesis 31:28
- And have not suffered me to kiss my sons and my daughters? you have now done foolishly in so doing.
- Webster's: Genesis 31:28
- And hast not suffered me to kiss my sons, and my daughters? thou hast now done foolishly in so doing.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Genesis 31:28
- and hast not suffered me to kiss my sons and my daughters? -- now thou hast acted foolishly in doing `so';
Verses Related to Genesis 31-28
- Genesis 29:13
- It happened, when Laban heard the news of Jacob, his sister's son, that he ran to meet Jacob, and embraced him, and kissed him, and brought him to his house. Jacob told Laban all these things.
- Genesis 31:3
- Yahweh said to Jacob, "Return to the land of your fathers, and to your relatives, and I will be with you."
- Genesis 31:13
- I am the God of Bethel, where you anointed a pillar, where you vowed a vow to me. Now arise, get out from this land, and return to the land of your birth."
- Genesis 31:24
- God came to Laban, the Syrian, in a dream of the night, and said to him, "Take heed to yourself that you don't speak to Jacob either good or bad."
- Genesis 31:55
- Early in the morning, Laban rose up, and kissed his sons and his daughters, and blessed them. Laban departed and returned to his place.
- Exodus 4:27
- Yahweh said to Aaron, "Go into the wilderness to meet Moses." He went, and met him on God's mountain, and kissed him.
- Ruth 1:9
- Yahweh grant you that you may find rest, each of you in the house of her husband. Then she kissed them, and they lifted up their voice, and wept.
- Ruth 1:14
- They lifted up their voice, and wept again: and Orpah kissed her mother-in-law, but Ruth joined with her.
- 1 Samuel 13:13
- Samuel said to Saul, You have done foolishly; you have not kept the commandment of Yahweh your God, which he commanded you: for now would Yahweh have established your kingdom on Israel forever.
- 1 Kings 19:20
- He left the oxen, and ran after Elijah, and said, Let me, I pray you, kiss my father and my mother, and then I will follow you. He said to him, Go back again; for what have I done to you?