A wife who commits adultery! who takes strangers instead of her husband!
Alternate Versions of Ezekiel 16-32
- A Conservative Version: Ezekiel 16:32
- A wife who commits adultery, who takes strangers instead of her husband!
- American Standard Version: Ezekiel 16:32
- A wife that committeth adultery! that taketh strangers instead of her husband!
- Bible in Basic English: Ezekiel 16:32
- The untrue wife who takes strange lovers in place of her husband!
- Darby English Bible: Ezekiel 16:32
- O adulterous wife, that taketh strangers instead of her husband.
- King James Version: Ezekiel 16:32
- But as a wife that committeth adultery, which taketh strangers instead of her husband!
- King James Version (UK): Ezekiel 16:32
- But as a wife that commits adultery, which takes strangers instead of her husband!
- Youngs Literal Translation: Ezekiel 16:32
- The wife who committeth adultery -- Under her husband -- doth receive strangers.
Verses Related to Ezekiel 16-32
- Jeremiah 2:25
- Withhold your foot from being unshod, and your throat from thirst: but you said, It is in vain; no, for I have loved strangers, and after them will I go.
- Jeremiah 2:28
- But where are your gods that you have made you? let them arise, if they can save you in the time of your trouble: for according to the number of your cities are your gods, Judah.
- Jeremiah 3:1
- They say, If a man put away his wife, and she go from him, and become another man's, will he return to her again? Won't that land be greatly polluted? But you have played the prostitute with many lovers; yet return again to me, says Yahweh.
- Jeremiah 3:20
- Surely as a wife treacherously departs from her husband, so have you dealt treacherously with me, house of Israel, says Yahweh.
- Ezekiel 16:8
- Now when I passed by you, and looked at you, behold, your time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over you, and covered your nakedness: yes, I swore to you, and entered into a covenant with you, says the Lord Yahweh, and you became mine.
- Ezekiel 23:37
- For they have committed adultery, and blood is in their hands; and with their idols have they committed adultery; and they have also caused their sons, whom they bore to me, to pass through [the fire] to them to be devoured.
- Ezekiel 23:45
- Righteous men, they shall judge them with the judgment of adulteresses, and with the judgment of women who shed blood; because they are adulteresses, and blood is in their hands.
- Hosea 2:2
- Contend with your mother! Contend, for she is not my wife, Neither am I her husband; And let her put away her prostitution from her face, And her adulteries from between her breasts;
- Hosea 3:1
- Yahweh said to me, "Go again, love a woman loved by another, and an adulteress, even as Yahweh loves the children of Israel, though they turn to other gods, and love cakes of raisins."