Moses returned to Yahweh, and said, "Lord, why have you brought trouble on this people? Why is it that you have sent me?
Alternate Versions of Exodus 5-22
- A Conservative Version: Exodus 5:22
- And Moses returned to Jehovah, and said, Lord, why have thou dealt ill with this people? Why is it that thou have sent me?
- American Standard Version: Exodus 5:22
- And Moses returned unto Jehovah, and said, Lord, wherefore hast thou dealt ill with this people? why is it that thou hast sent me?
- Bible in Basic English: Exodus 5:22
- And Moses went back to the Lord and said, Lord, why have you done evil to this people? why have you sent me?
- Darby English Bible: Exodus 5:22
- And Moses returned to Jehovah, and said, Lord, why hast thou done evil to this people? why now hast thou sent me?
- King James Version: Exodus 5:22
- And Moses returned unto the LORD, and said, LORD, wherefore hast thou so evil entreated this people? why is it that thou hast sent me?
- King James Version (UK): Exodus 5:22
- And Moses returned unto the LORD, and said, LORD, wherefore have you so evil pleaded this people? why is it that you have sent me?
- Webster's: Exodus 5:22
- And Moses returned to the LORD, and said, Lord, why hast thou so ill treated this people? why is it that thou hast sent me?
- Youngs Literal Translation: Exodus 5:22
- And Moses turneth back unto Jehovah, and saith, `Lord, why hast Thou done evil to this people? why `is' this? -- Thou hast sent me!
Verses Related to Exodus 5-22
- Exodus 3:12
- He said, "Certainly I will be with you. This will be the token to you, that I have sent you: when you have brought forth the people out of Egypt, you shall serve God on this mountain."
- Exodus 17:4
- Moses cried to Yahweh, saying, "What shall I do with these people? They are almost ready to stone me."
- Numbers 11:11
- Moses said to Yahweh, Why have you dealt ill with your servant? and why haven't I found favor in your sight, that you lay the burden of all this people on me?
- 1 Samuel 30:6
- David was greatly distressed; for the people spoke of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David strengthened himself in Yahweh his God.
- 1 Kings 19:4
- But he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree: and he requested for himself that he might die, and said, It is enough; now, O Yahweh, take away my life; for I am not better than my fathers.
- 1 Kings 19:10
- He said, I have been very jealous for Yahweh, the God of hosts; for the children of Israel have forsaken your covenant, thrown down your altars, and slain your prophets with the sword: and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.
- Psalms 73:25
- Who do I have in heaven? There is no one on earth who I desire besides you.
- Jeremiah 12:1
- Righteous are you, Yahweh, when I contend with you; yet would I reason the cause with you: why does the way of the wicked prosper? why are all they at ease who deal very treacherously?
- Jeremiah 20:7
- Yahweh, you have persuaded me, and I was persuaded; you are stronger than I, and have prevailed: I am become a laughing-stock all the day, every one mocks me.