Yahweh said to him, "What is that in your hand?" He said, "A rod."
Alternate Versions of Exodus 4-2
- A Conservative Version: Exodus 4:2
- And Jehovah said to him, What is that in thy hand? And he said, A rod.
- American Standard Version: Exodus 4:2
- And Jehovah said unto him, What is that in thy hand? And he said, A rod.
- Bible in Basic English: Exodus 4:2
- And the Lord said to him, What is that in your hand? And he said, A rod.
- Darby English Bible: Exodus 4:2
- And Jehovah said to him, What is that in thy hand? And he said, A staff.
- King James Version: Exodus 4:2
- And the LORD said unto him, What is that in thine hand? And he said, A rod.
- King James Version (UK): Exodus 4:2
- And the LORD said unto him, What is that in yours hand? And he said, A rod.
- Webster's: Exodus 4:2
- And the LORD said to him, What is that in thy hand? And he said, A rod.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Exodus 4:2
- And Jehovah saith unto him, `What `is' this in thy hand?' and he saith, `A rod;'
Verses Related to Exodus 4-2
- Genesis 30:37
- Jacob took to himself rods of fresh poplar, almond, plane tree, peeled white streaks in them, and made the white appear which was in the rods.
- Exodus 4:17
- You shall take this rod in your hand, with which you shall do the signs."
- Exodus 4:20
- Moses took his wife and his sons, and set them on a donkey, and he returned to the land of Egypt. Moses took God's rod in his hand.
- Exodus 8:5
- Yahweh said to Moses, "Tell Aaron, 'Stretch forth your hand with your rod over the rivers, over the streams, and over the pools, and cause frogs to come up on the land of Egypt.'"
- Exodus 17:5
- Yahweh said to Moses, "Walk on before the people, and take the elders of Israel with you, and take the rod in your hand with which you struck the Nile, and go.
- Leviticus 27:32
- All the tithe of the herds or the flocks, whatever passes under the rod, the tenth shall be holy to Yahweh.
- Numbers 20:11
- Moses lifted up his hand, and struck the rock with his rod twice: and water came forth abundantly, and the congregation drank, and their cattle.
- Psalms 110:2
- Yahweh will send forth the rod of your strength out of Zion. Rule in the midst of your enemies.
- Isaiah 11:4
- but with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and decide with equity for the humble of the earth; and he shall strike the earth with the rod of his mouth; and with the breath of his lips shall he kill the wicked.
- Micah 7:14
- Shepherd your people with your staff, The flock of your heritage, Who dwell by themselves in a forest, In the midst of fertile pasture land, let them feed; In Bashan and Gilead, as in the days of old.