If you take your neighbor's garment as collateral, you shall restore it to him before the sun goes down,
Alternate Versions of Exodus 22-26
- A Conservative Version: Exodus 22:26
- If thou at all take thy neighbor's garment to pledge, thou shall restore it to him before the sun goes down,
- American Standard Version: Exodus 22:26
- If thou at all take thy neighbor's garment to pledge, thou shalt restore it unto him before the sun goeth down:
- Bible in Basic English: Exodus 22:26
- If ever you take your neighbour's clothing in exchange for the use of your money, let him have it back before the sun goes down:
- Darby English Bible: Exodus 22:26
- -- If thou at all take thy neighbour's garment in pledge, thou shalt return it to him before the sun goes down;
- King James Version: Exodus 22:26
- If thou at all take thy neighbor's raiment to pledge, thou shalt deliver it unto him by that the sun goeth down:
- King James Version (UK): Exodus 22:26
- If you at all take your neighbour's raiment to pledge, you shall deliver it unto him by that the sun goes down:
- Webster's: Exodus 22:26
- If thou shalt at all take thy neighbor's raiment to pledge, thou shalt deliver it to him by the setting of the sun.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Exodus 22:26
- if thou dost at all take in pledge the garment of thy neighbour, during the going in of the sun thou dost return it to him:
Verses Related to Exodus 22-26
- Deuteronomy 24:6
- No man shall take the mill or the upper millstone to pledge; for he takes [a man's] life to pledge.
- Deuteronomy 24:17
- You shall not wrest the justice [due] to the foreigner, [or] to the fatherless, nor take the widow's clothing to pledge;
- Job 22:6
- For you have taken pledges from your brother for nothing, And stripped the naked of their clothing.
- Job 24:3
- They drive away the donkey of the fatherless, And they take the widow's ox for a pledge.
- Job 24:9
- There are those who pluck the fatherless from the breast, And take a pledge of the poor,
- Proverbs 20:16
- Take the garment of one who puts up collateral for a stranger; And hold him in pledge for a wayward woman.
- Proverbs 22:27
- If you don't have means to pay, Why should he take away your bed from under you?
- Ezekiel 18:7
- and has not wronged any, but has restored to the debtor his pledge, has taken nothing by robbery, has given his bread to the hungry, and has covered the naked with a garment;
- Ezekiel 18:16
- neither has wronged any, has not taken anything to pledge, neither has taken by robbery, but has given his bread to the hungry, and has covered the naked with a garment;