"He who sacrifices to any god, except to Yahweh only, shall be utterly destroyed.
Alternate Versions of Exodus 22-20
- A Conservative Version: Exodus 22:20
- He who sacrifices to any god, except to Jehovah only, shall be utterly destroyed.
- American Standard Version: Exodus 22:20
- He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto Jehovah only, shall be utterly destroyed.
- Bible in Basic English: Exodus 22:20
- Complete destruction will come on any man who makes offerings to any other god but the Lord.
- Darby English Bible: Exodus 22:20
- -- He that sacrificeth to [any] god, save to Jehovah only, shall be devoted to destruction.
- King James Version: Exodus 22:20
- He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed.
- King James Version (UK): Exodus 22:20
- He that sacrifices unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed.
- Webster's: Exodus 22:20
- He that sacrificeth to any god, save to the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Exodus 22:20
- `He who is sacrificing to a god, save to Jehovah alone, is devoted.
Verses Related to Exodus 22-20
- Numbers 21:3
- Yahweh listened to the voice of Israel, and delivered up the Canaanites; and they utterly destroyed them and their cities: and the name of the place was called Hormah.
- Numbers 25:3
- Israel joined himself to Baal Peor: and the anger of Yahweh was kindled against Israel.
- Deuteronomy 18:20
- But the prophet, who shall speak a word presumptuously in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or who shall speak in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.
- 1 Kings 18:40
- and Elijah said to them, Take the prophets of Baal; don't let one of them escape. They took them; and Elijah brought them down to the brook Kishon, and killed them there.
- 2 Kings 10:25
- It happened, as soon as he had made an end of offering the burnt offering, that Jehu said to the guard and to the captains, Go in, and kill them; let none come forth. They struck them with the edge of the sword; and the guard and the captains cast them out, and went to the city of the house of Baal.