You shall most certainly not make alongside of me gods of silver, or gods of gold for yourselves.
Alternate Versions of Exodus 20-23
- A Conservative Version: Exodus 20:23
- Ye shall not make other gods with me; gods of silver, or gods of gold, ye shall not make to you.
- American Standard Version: Exodus 20:23
- Ye shall not make `other gods' with me; gods of silver, or gods of gold, ye shall not make unto you.
- Bible in Basic English: Exodus 20:23
- Gods of silver and gods of gold you are not to make for yourselves.
- Darby English Bible: Exodus 20:23
- Ye shall not make beside me gods of silver, and ye shall not make to you gods of gold.
- King James Version: Exodus 20:23
- Ye shall not make with me gods of silver, neither shall ye make unto you gods of gold.
- King James Version (UK): Exodus 20:23
- All of you shall not make with me gods of silver, neither shall all of you make unto you gods of gold.
- Webster's: Exodus 20:23
- Ye shall not make with me gods of silver, neither shall ye make to you gods of gold.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Exodus 20:23
- ye do not make with Me gods of silver, even gods of gold ye do not make to yourselves.
Verses Related to Exodus 20-23
- Exodus 32:4
- He received what they handed him, and fashioned it with an engraving tool, and made it a molten calf; and they said, "These are your gods, Israel, which brought you up out of the land of Egypt."
- 2 Kings 17:33
- They feared Yahweh, and served their own gods, after the manner of the nations from among whom they had been carried away.
- 2 Kings 17:41
- So these nations feared Yahweh, and served their engraved images; their children likewise, and their children's children, as did their fathers, so do they to this day.
- Ezekiel 20:39
- As for you, house of Israel, thus says the Lord Yahweh: Go you, serve everyone his idols, and hereafter also, if you will not listen to me; but my holy name shall you no more profane with your gifts, and with your idols.
- Ezekiel 43:8
- in their setting of their threshold by my threshold, and their door-post beside my door-post, and there was [but] the wall between me and them; and they have defiled my holy name by their abominations which they have committed: therefore I have consumed them in my anger.
- Daniel 5:4
- They drank wine, and praised the gods of gold, and of silver, of brass, of iron, of wood, and of stone.
- Daniel 5:23
- but have lifted up yourself against the Lord of heaven; and they have brought the vessels of his house before you, and you and your lords, your wives and your concubines, have drunk wine from them; and you have praised the gods of silver and gold, of brass, iron, wood, and stone, which don't see, nor hear, nor know; and the God in whose hand your breath is, and whose are all your ways, you have not glorified.