The deeps cover them. They went down into the depths like a stone.
Alternate Versions of Exodus 15-5
- A Conservative Version: Exodus 15:5
- The deeps cover them. They went down into the depths like a stone.
- American Standard Version: Exodus 15:5
- The deeps cover them: They went down into the depths like a stone.
- Bible in Basic English: Exodus 15:5
- They were covered by the deep waters: like a stone they went down under the waves.
- Darby English Bible: Exodus 15:5
- The depths covered them; they sank to the bottom as a stone.
- King James Version: Exodus 15:5
- The depths have covered them: they sank into the bottom as a stone.
- King James Version (UK): Exodus 15:5
- The depths have covered them they sank into the bottom as a stone.
- Webster's: Exodus 15:5
- The depths have covered them: they sunk to the bottom as a stone.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Exodus 15:5
- The depths do cover them; They went down into the depths as a stone.
Verses Related to Exodus 15-5
- Exodus 14:28
- The waters returned, and covered the chariots and the horsemen, even all Pharaoh's army that went in after them into the sea. There remained not so much as one of them.
- Joshua 24:7
- When they cried out to Yahweh, he put darkness between you and the Egyptians, and brought the sea on them, and covered them; and your eyes saw what I did in Egypt: and you lived in the wilderness many days.
- Nehemiah 9:11
- You divided the sea before them, so that they went through the midst of the sea on the dry land; and their pursuers you did cast into the depths, as a stone into the mighty waters.
- Ezekiel 27:34
- In the time that you were broken by the seas in the depths of the waters, your merchandise and all your company did fall in the midst of you.
- Jonah 2:2
- He said, "I called because of my affliction to Yahweh. He answered me. Out of the belly of Sheol I cried. You heard my voice.
- Micah 7:19
- He will again have compassion on us. He will tread our iniquities under foot; And you will cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.
- Matthew 18:6
- but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to stumble, it would be better for him that a huge millstone should be hung around his neck, and that he should be sunk in the depths of the sea.
- Revelation 18:21
- A mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone and cast it into the sea, saying, "Thus with violence will Babylon, the great city, be thrown down, and will be found no more at all.