Therefore, putting away falsehood, speak truth each one with his neighbor. For we are members one of another.
Alternate Versions of Ephesians 4-25
- A Conservative Version: Ephesians 4:25
- Therefore having put off falsehood, let each man speak truth with his neighbor, because we are body-parts of each other.
- American Standard Version: Ephesians 4:25
- Wherefore, putting away falsehood, speak ye truth each one with his neighbor: for we are members one of another.
- Bible in Basic English: Ephesians 4:25
- And so, putting away false words, let everyone say what is true to his neighbour: for we are parts one of another.
- Darby English Bible: Ephesians 4:25
- Wherefore, having put off falsehood, speak truth every one with his neighbour, because we are members one of another.
- King James Version: Ephesians 4:25
- Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
- King James Version (UK): Ephesians 4:25
- Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour for we are members one of another.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Ephesians 4:25
- Wherefore, putting away the lying, speak truth each with his neighbour, because we are members one of another;
Verses Related to Ephesians 4-25
- Leviticus 19:11
- "'You shall not steal; neither shall you deal falsely, nor lie to one another.
- 1 Kings 13:18
- He said to him, I also am a prophet as you are; and an angel spoke to me by the word of Yahweh, saying, Bring him back with you into your house, that he may eat bread and drink water. [But] he lied to him.
- Psalms 52:3
- You love evil more than good, Lying rather than speaking the truth. Selah.
- Psalms 119:29
- Keep me from the way of deceit. Grant me your law graciously!
- Proverbs 6:17
- Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, Hands that shed innocent blood;
- Proverbs 8:7
- For my mouth speaks truth. Wickedness is an abomination to my lips.
- Proverbs 12:17
- He who is truthful testifies honestly, But a false witness lies.
- Proverbs 12:19
- Truth's lips will be established forever, But a lying tongue is only momentary.
- Proverbs 12:22
- Lying lips are an abomination to Yahweh, But those who do the truth are his delight.
- Proverbs 21:6
- Getting treasures by a lying tongue Is a fleeting vapor for those who seek death.