lest, when you have eaten and are full, and have built goodly houses, and lived therein;
Alternate Versions of Deuteronomy 8-12
- A Conservative Version: Deuteronomy 8:12
- Lest, when thou have eaten and are full, and have built goodly houses, and dwelt in it,
- American Standard Version: Deuteronomy 8:12
- lest, when thou hast eaten and art full, and hast built goodly houses, and dwelt therein;
- Bible in Basic English: Deuteronomy 8:12
- And when you have taken food and are full, and have made fair houses for yourselves and are living in them;
- Darby English Bible: Deuteronomy 8:12
- lest when thou hast eaten and art full, and hast built and inhabited fine houses,
- King James Version: Deuteronomy 8:12
- Lest when thou hast eaten and art full, and hast built goodly houses, and dwelt therein;
- King James Version (UK): Deuteronomy 8:12
- Lest when you have eaten and are full, and have built goodly houses, and dwelt therein;
- Webster's: Deuteronomy 8:12
- Lest when thou hast eaten, and art full, and hast built goodly houses, and dwelt in them;
- Youngs Literal Translation: Deuteronomy 8:12
- lest thou eat, and hast been satisfied, and good houses dost build, and hast inhabited;
Verses Related to Deuteronomy 8-12
- Deuteronomy 28:47
- Because you didn't serve Yahweh your God with joyfulness, and with gladness of heart, by reason of the abundance of all things;
- Deuteronomy 31:20
- For when I shall have brought them into the land which I swore to their fathers, flowing with milk and honey, and they shall have eaten and filled themselves, and grown fat; then will they turn to other gods, and serve them, and despise me, and break my covenant.
- Deuteronomy 32:15
- But Jeshurun grew fat, and kicked: You have grown fat, you are grown thick, you are become sleek; Then he forsook God who made him, Lightly esteemed the Rock of his salvation.
- Proverbs 30:9
- Lest I be full, deny you, and say, 'Who is Yahweh?' Or lest I be poor, and steal, And so dishonor the name of my God.
- Ecclesiastes 2:4
- I made myself great works. I built myself houses. I planted myself vineyards.
- Jeremiah 22:14
- who says, I will build me a wide house and spacious chambers, and cuts him out windows; and it is ceiling with cedar, and painted with vermilion.
- Ezekiel 11:3
- who say, [The time] is not near to build houses: this [city] is the caldron, and we are the flesh.
- Hosea 13:6
- According to their pasture, so were they filled; They were filled, and their heart was exalted. Therefore they have forgotten me.
- Amos 5:11
- Forasmuch therefore as you trample on the poor, And take taxes from him of wheat: You have built houses of hewn stone, But you will not dwell in them. You have planted pleasant vineyards, But you shall not drink their wine.