From there the brothers, when they heard of us, came to meet us as far as The Market of Appius and The Three Taverns. When Paul saw them, he thanked God, and took courage.
Alternate Versions of Acts 28-15
- A Conservative Version: Acts 28:15
- And from there the brothers, who heard these things about us, came for a meeting with us as far as Appius Forum and The Three Taverns, whom, when Paul saw, having expressed thanks to God, he took courage.
- American Standard Version: Acts 28:15
- And from thence the brethren, when they heard of us, came to meet us as far as The Market of Appius and The Three Taverns; whom when Paul saw, he thanked God, and took courage.
- Bible in Basic English: Acts 28:15
- And the brothers, when they had news of us, came out from town as far as Appii Forum and the Three Taverns to have a meeting with us: and Paul, seeing them, gave praise to God and took heart.
- Darby English Bible: Acts 28:15
- And thence the brethren, having heard about us, came to meet us as far as Appii Forum and Tres Tabernae, whom when Paul saw, he thanked God and took courage.
- King James Version: Acts 28:15
- And from thence, when the brethren heard of us, they came to meet us as far as Appii forum, and The three taverns: whom when Paul saw, he thanked God, and took courage.
- King James Version (UK): Acts 28:15
- And from thence, when the brethren heard of us, they came to meet us as far as Appii forum, and The three taverns whom when Paul saw, he thanked God, and took courage.
- Youngs Literal Translation: Acts 28:15
- and thence, the brethren having heard the things concerning us, came forth to meet us, unto Appii Forum, and Three Taverns -- whom Paul having seen, having given thanks to God, took courage.
Verses Related to Acts 28-15
- Exodus 4:14
- The anger of Yahweh was kindled against Moses, and he said, "What about Aaron, your brother, the Levite? I know that he can speak well. Also, behold, he comes forth to meet you. When he sees you, he will be glad in his heart.
- Joshua 1:9
- Haven't I commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; don't be afraid, neither be dismayed: for Yahweh your God is with you wherever you go.
- 1 Samuel 30:6
- David was greatly distressed; for the people spoke of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David strengthened himself in Yahweh his God.
- Psalms 27:14
- Wait for Yahweh. Be strong, and let your heart take courage. Yes, wait for Yahweh.
- John 12:13
- they took the branches of the palm trees, and went out to meet him, and cried out, "Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord, the King of Israel!"
- Acts 10:25
- When it happened that Peter entered, Cornelius met him, fell down at his feet, and worshiped him.
- Acts 21:5
- When it happened that we had accomplished the days, we departed and went on our journey. They all, with wives and children, brought us on our way until we were out of the city. Kneeling down on the beach, we prayed.
- Romans 15:24
- whenever I journey to Spain, I will come to you. For I hope to see you on my journey, and to be helped on my way there by you, if first I may enjoy your company for a while.