1 Timothy 3:2
The overseer therefore must be without reproach, the husband of one wife, temperate, sensible, modest, hospitable, good at teaching;
Alternate Versions of 1 Timothy 3-2
- A Conservative Version: 1 Timothy 3:2
- The overseer therefore must be blameless, the husband of one wife, sober, serious minded, disciplined, loving strangers, able to teach,
- American Standard Version: 1 Timothy 3:2
- The bishop therefore must be without reproach, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, orderly, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
- Bible in Basic English: 1 Timothy 3:2
- The Bishop, then, is to be a man of good name, the husband of one wife, self-controlled, serious-minded, having respect for order, opening his house freely to guests, a ready teacher;
- Darby English Bible: 1 Timothy 3:2
- The overseer then must be irreproachable, husband of one wife, sober, discreet, decorous, hospitable, apt to teach;
- King James Version: 1 Timothy 3:2
- A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
- King James Version (UK): 1 Timothy 3:2
- A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, able to teach;
- Youngs Literal Translation: 1 Timothy 3:2
- it behoveth, therefore, the overseer to be blameless, of one wife a husband, vigilant, sober, decent, a friend of strangers, apt to teach,
Verses Related to 1 Timothy 3-2
- Proverbs 23:20
- Don't be among ones drinking too much wine, Or those who gorge themselves on meat:
- Isaiah 56:10
- His watchmen are blind, they are all without knowledge; they are all mute dogs, they can't bark; dreaming, lying down, loving to slumber.
- Luke 1:6
- They were both righteous before God, walking blamelessly in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord.
- Acts 28:7
- Now in the neighborhood of that place were lands belonging to the chief man of the island, named Publius, who received us, and courteously entertained us for three days.
- Romans 4:12
- The father of circumcision to those who not only are of the circumcision, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had in uncircumcision.
- Romans 12:3
- For I say, through the grace that was given me, to every man who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think reasonably, as God has apportioned to each person a measure of faith.
- Romans 12:13
- contributing to the needs of the saints; given to hospitality.
- Romans 16:19
- For your obedience has become known to all. I rejoice therefore over you. But I desire to have you wise in that which is good, but innocent in that which is evil.
- 2 Corinthians 5:13
- For if we are beside ourselves, it is for God. Or if we are of sober mind, it is for you.
- Galatians 5:25
- If we live by the Spirit, let's also walk by the Spirit.